Hi from Janmal

I came across Ships Of Scale accidentally when searching the web for detail on rigging around the cat davids of a model I am currently building. My first ship was a plastic model of Cutty Sark , buit in 1968 (origin of kit forgotten). Measures 90 cm from tip of bowsprit to stern. Then came a wooden model of HMS Endeavour, by Artesania Latina, given to me as a gift in 1984. Took 18 years to complete, working during holidays only.

My current build is Halifax by Constructo, started during Covid 19 lockdown. I will post some pictures.

Jan Malherbe
Pretoria, South Africa

Hallo Jan
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Hope that your actual project will not take another 18 years
So I am looking forward to see your Halifax, maybe also in a building log

Hallo Jan
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Hope that your actual project will not take another 18 years
So I am looking forward to see your Halifax, maybe also in a building log
Thank you!

Hello Jan from a fellow South African. Even though I currently live and work in China, I am a born and bred Capetonian (Paarl and Melkbosstrand) who spent the last 9 years of my stay in South Africa, in Kempton Park Jhb.

A very big and warm welcome to SOS. You will find your stay here very pleasant and - like all things in life - the more you put into it, the more you will get from it. Where do you live in SA?

Thank you for the welcome Heinrich. Born Cape Town, lived Stellenbosch, Pretoria, Lynnwood Glen for last 40 years. Groete.

I came across Ships Of Scale accidentally when searching the web for detail on rigging around the cat davids of a model I am currently building. My first ship was a plastic model of Cutty Sark , buit in 1968 (origin of kit forgotten). Measures 90 cm from tip of bowsprit to stern. Then came a wooden model of HMS Endeavour, by Artesania Latina, given to me as a gift in 1984. Took 18 years to complete, working during holidays only.

My current build is Halifax by Constructo, started during Covid 19 lockdown. I will post some pictures.

Jan Malherbe
Pretoria, South Africa
Hallo Jan alias @Janmal
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Welcome to our shipyard.
We will be waiting to see your model.
Your new model will be finished soon with the help of all the guys here.
Let’s do it.F5C82628-13BE-43B9-8BC2-E8EBE0BEBECF.jpeg

Welcome to the site. Wondering is that old Cutty Sark was the Revell, they also did the Pedro Nunes.

Jan Malherbe
Pretoria, South Africa
Hallo @Janmal
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back