Hi everyone

Oldog here out of Tucson, Az, I'm 75 years new and ex combat vet in Nam. I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm new to the shipbuilding, I just completed a 1:64 scale in plastic of the USS constitution which was a challenge at the mast/rigging section. I just ordered the wooden 1:54 of the Endeavour of which I'm about 3/4 complete on the initial planking of the hull which is quite an experience having never done this before. My first wood build. One definitely needs all the right tools to begin one of these. Anyway, I'm glad to be part of the family here and look forward to talking with ya'll.

Welcome aboard Oldog. Lots of friendly knowledgeable folks hang out here. Have a problem, just ask your questions and you’ll find everyone willing to help. Oh yes, we do like to see pictures :)

Also from me a warm welcome to the forum and have fun.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Oldog here out of Tucson, Az, I'm 75 years new and ex combat vet in Nam. I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm new to the shipbuilding, I just completed a 1:64 scale in plastic of the USS constitution which was a challenge at the mast/rigging section. I just ordered the wooden 1:54 of the Endeavour of which I'm about 3/4 complete on the initial planking of the hull which is quite an experience having never done this before. My first wood build. One definitely needs all the right tools to begin one of these. Anyway, I'm glad to be part of the family here and look forward to talking with ya'll.
Hallo @Oldog
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thanks Uwek. I'm now at installing the sails on the Endeavour. This has been a journey.

Back