hi all,

Tony P

Staff member
Le Rochefort Moderator

Hi all, Just got here as you can see. I am still trying to get into wooden ships building, plastic projects, ships armor and now a Sci Fi build have kept me busy enough. I still have a few plastic builds I want to do and at my build rate it'll take 2 years probably. I am very interested in the Billings powered vessels as per Popeye's builds and tugboats, love the look of the old workboats. Hopefully I'll buy my first wooden kit if I have it here I might just take the plunge.

Tony

I would like for everyone to now that Tony just contributed his 1/700 Scale Trompeter Soviet Kalinin to the gallery on SOS.

Welcome Tony to the forum. Make yourself at home !

:text-welcomewave:

Donnie

Hello Tony,

A warm welcome to this wonderful site :D
I'd encourage you to take that plunge into wooden ship building, you'll be glad you did, and if you get a Billing Boats kit, you'll find excellent help here as a gentleman named Popeye is one of the leading experts in these particular kits ;-)

Thanks everyone, I am new to wood not to modeling, as a long time plastic modeler I have to ask, " is there anything more? " yes there is wooden ships !! I will take the plunge asap, just have to decide from a huge selection of kits, my problem is I want them all !
I will Popeye, I meant to ask you if you bought direct from Billings or not.

Tony

Hi Popeye, havent done anything yet sorry to say too. Busy and with summer here I dont do much modeling at all, too many outdoor pursuits. On a positive note, I have a nice big worktop I will be installing on my bench this weekend hopefully 30x74 nice and big so no excuses that my bench is not big enough. Finishing up an Armor model for a show in Sept. You know how it is too many kits and plans and not enough time. I am lurking around the wooden ship scene though ! Good to hear from you.

Tony

Will do Popeye, I am wanting to get into wood asap but I have several plastic projects I want to do too, torn by my hobby ! With the bigger bench maybe I can work on 2 at once !

Tony

Back