Help with belaying to cross bits

I know this is probably basic, this is my first real build and as retired surgeon I am a bit OCD with some aspects of this. I have to belay some rigging to the Cross bits, but I have been unable to find any instructions on the “proper” way to do this. I can find directions for cleats, and pins, but nothing on how to tie to the cross bit image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

Just one point, your guns' breech tackle should have more slack, to allow them room to be re-loaded.
If you mean the fife rails by 'cross bits', then the rope is clove hitched back above the upper pulley block. (if I'm wrong, I'm sure some ABS will correct me)

Last edited:
I know this is probably basic, this is my first real build and as retired surgeon I am a bit OCD with some aspects of this. I have to belay some rigging to the Cross bits, but I have been unable to find any instructions on the “proper” way to do this. I can find directions for cleats, and pins, but nothing on how to tie to the cross bit View attachment 322154View attachment 322161View attachment 322156

View attachment 322162
The attachment may be helpful for your wiestion how to tie the cross bit without belaying pin.
For detailed of cannon on the dec

BFEB7919-6788-4E44-B3EB-3822AC473272.jpeg

Back