Hello

Hello, I'm new to model boats but not to modelling. My great Uncle served on HMS Mashona in the second world, a tribal class destroyer which was unfortunately sunk returning for fuel after joining the hunt for the Bismarck. It would be nice to make a model of this eventually.

In my youth I was lucky enough to live close by to Portsmouth and the historical dockyard, seeing HMS Victory and HMS Warrior on a regular basis. Ships of the HMS Victory era are my favourite and hold a great interest to me, it would be my ultimate goal to scratch build something of this ilk. But one step at a time.....

I'm off to the beginners section now to have a read through.

Thanks to Sam who pointed me in the direction of this forum, I'll be asking a few questions in the future no doubt.

Cheers

Jim300px-HMS_Mashona_(F59).jpg

Hello, I'm new to model boats but not to modelling. My great Uncle served on HMS Mashona in the second world, a tribal class destroyer which was unfortunately sunk returning for fuel after joining the hunt for the Bismarck. It would be nice to make a model of this eventually.

In my youth I was lucky enough to live close by to Portsmouth and the historical dockyard, seeing HMS Victory and HMS Warrior on a regular basis. Ships of the HMS Victory era are my favourite and hold a great interest to me, it would be my ultimate goal to scratch build something of this ilk. But one step at a time.....

Thanks to Sam who pointed me in the direction of this forum, I'll be asking a few questions in the future no doubt.

Cheers

JimView attachment 270070
Hallo Jim,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
If you have any questions, share them with us. Here are a lot of friendly members which are very happy to help and assist.
And we will send you to Portsmouth, when we have a question about the Victory or Warrior or others...... ;)
Are you working actual on a ship model project?

Hallo Jim,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
If you have any questions, share them with us. Here are a lot of friendly members which are very happy to help and assist.
And we will send you to Portsmouth, when we have a question about the Victory or Warrior or others...... ;)
Are you working actual on a ship model project?
Hello Uwek, I'm not working on a ship model as yet. I'm just building a balsa Spitfire kit and am looking to start a ship model when I've finished.

Cheers

JimView attachment 270070
Hallo Jim alias @Jimmers
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back