Hello, glad to be here.

Hello all! Retired Air Traffic Controller and ex- sub sailor. I have been building plastic models for over 60 years. Now I want to try wooden ships. Hopefully I can get up the courage to jump in. Planking seems daunting, however.

Welcome aboard SOS! You will be enjoying building wooden ship models! Your first model doesn't have to be a plank on frame. You can simply start with a solid hull as the first project. There are a number of kits manufacturers making their kits in mind for the beginners.

check the Billing Boats kist as the example

Greetings; My first boat build was plank on plank which is very forgiving as the first set of planks let you make lots of mistakes that is fixed on the second planking.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board.
We will help you as much we can ...... start a model, show it in the building logs and you will get the best assistance possible

Hello all! Retired Air Traffic Controller and ex- sub sailor. I have been building plastic models for over 60 years. Now I want to try wooden ships. Hopefully I can get up the courage to jump in. Planking seems daunting, however.
Hallo @Dcook65
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Dcook65
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Dcook65
Birthday-Cake

Back