Hello from Wisconsin

I'm Greg Davis and have just registered as a member of Ships of Scale. I have been building wooden model ships kits for approximately 15 years. Using the skills that I have developed so far, I am looking to move more toward scratch building model ships. I do have several Lumber Yard / Harold Hahn kits waiting in the wings (which I consider to be essentially in the scratch building genre) and a nice collection of Ancre publications including my (current) ultimate modelling goal - L'Egyptienne.

I am looking forward to seeing many of the build logs that are supported by this site.

All the best,

Greg

Hello Greg and welcome. If you want to share...where in Wisconsin? I'm just south of the state line in Illinois (northeast corner) - quicker to Milwaukee than Chicago.

Paul -

Green Bay, Wisconsin; so about 160 miles north of you. I know your area slightly because when I was in graduate school at Northwestern I would sometimes ride my bike up thru the Wadsworth area.

Hello Greg, welcome to SOS.
Le Egyptienne is one hell of a beautiful frigate. I am also in possession of the monograph.
We have just started a group build of Le Rochefort, if you are interested just drop by.

Tobias -

Thank you for the invitation, I will be watching the building progress on yours and others in the Le Rochefort logs. I have a copy of the ANCRE publication: An Introduction to Model Ship Building “Dockyard Style” - it will be interesting to see how the logs follow / deviate from the work presented in the monograph.

Greg

Hello Greg, welcome to SOS.
Le Egyptienne is one hell of a beautiful frigate. I am also in possession of the monograph.
We have just started a group build of Le Rochefort, if you are interested just drop by.
Is the La Palme log on MSW yours as well - there seems to be a common dog! I have been looking at the lovely work there. My first shot at scratch building is in progress with the ANCRE Port Dredger.

Is the La Palme log on MSW yours as well - there seems to be a common dog! I have been looking at the lovely work there. My first shot at scratch building is in progress with the ANCRE Port Dredger.
Yes that's right Greg and thank you. I know the construction protocol with the harbour dredger and I also think your work is very good.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
I am looking forward to see your projects

Back