Hello from Western Australia

Hi Uwek,
I have been hunting for the plans for this build but nothing seems to come up about "NMM". Who are these dudes mate Please?
Hi Uwek,
I have found out who they are. I am a little short of connections at times LOL.

Hello Gary

Welcome to the forum I'm from Perth to and have a build log of the bounty at the moment. It is a different AL kit being bashed slightly.
Hi Robert,
Yeah, I have done a few of the AL kits but I have had to before do alterations. They have good information then have a lack of information that is important to your build so I ended up figuring out how to do the fitment myself. Also, some of their information is a bit vague at the least. I can quote an example and that was the oarlock position on a small tender boat associated with the Bounty. It required thinking and finding out where the real position of the Rowlocks should be. Even their new edition of the plans for the same boat was wrong in their new position yet a half-brain could work it out and so I applied my half-brain to figure out where possibly should go.
Another I see that is a worry is the pulley blocks they have made for the build that are attached to the side of the boat and on both sides have three holes drilled into them at around .3 mm. That's okay but then they say to drill out the holes to .7mm. However, if the original holes were drilled properly I would have not a problem resizing but they don't so therefore I have to remake them all (8 off!). The same went for a pulley block which was supposed to be used to help guide the the two jib sails to the correct tension having the same problem.
Also on this build and another build, I ran out of timber which was not included in this build for some silly reason, so what I had to do was figure out a way to make up the thin strips of wood missing needed to carry on with the build. For me to search to find the wood locally would be impossible but I tried!
Possibly AL was hinting I build my own Ship!!
So with this in mind if I spend half my time on the build correcting the mistakes, then why not build all the components and model myself as if I don't have enough time to do so? LOL
If you are interested you can look under GaryPArmstrong on YouTube and you can see a build I had to make major changes to make the Stage Coach work.
I do have an understanding within myself that if I do a scale model then I am building a scale model that should do all the things a full-sized vessel or such will have, to operate.
Cheers

Gary I didn’t realise the two editions were different. I have both copies and I just checked the above. The picture in original copy is quite sharp so should enlarge ok. Let me know if you still want original copy (I’d like to keep 2nd edition) and we’ll talk. My email is anddon61 at gmail dot com

Gary I didn’t realise the two editions were different. I have both copies and I just checked the above. The picture in original copy is quite sharp so should enlarge ok. Let me know if you still want original copy (I’d like to keep 2nd edition) and we’ll talk. My email is anddon61 at gmail dot com
Hi Andrew I do remember you mentioning the original and I searched all over the forum looking for your message and I guess I missed your message as I did answer it and told you to hang on to the book. Anyway, it's here in section one as I just looked and saw your comment. I am truly sorry about losing your message as I would have been much better off getting your copy as it would have been here sooner.
Keep in contact.
Thanks

Back