Hello from Virginia, USA

Newly joined, mid 50’s and trying my hand at wooden ship model crafting. Many years ago a US Naval officer but no sails or masts on my vessels! About 10 years ago I started the Constructo Bluenose 2 kit (solid hull), enjoyed but hit a wall on the standing rigging and left it there with bare pole masts and a couple of shrouds. At the same time I bought Artesania Latina La Toulonnaise kit and have started on that. I have spent a fair amount of time here and appreciate the depth of knowledge and experience along with the friendly advice.

I have taken a few pics along the way in the early phases of he build so ultimately may post a build log if it doesn’t look like it was raked by a Spanish 74!

Welcome aboard Sir, glad to have another Veteran on the forum with us.

I am Retired E-7, MSgt USAF.

Take time to read the many posts in the main page and helps sections.

Use the search tool to look for info or posts about the ship your building, as many are listed and one may have info you need to get past a stubborn spot.

Welcome aboard Sir, glad to have another Veteran on the forum with us.

I am Retired E-7, MSgt USAF.

Take time to read the many posts in the main page and helps sections.

Use the search tool to look for info or posts about the ship your building, as many are listed and one may have info you need to get past a stubborn spot.
Kurt,

My guess from your photo and prior service, is that you were in A-10 squadrons.

In AF, we loved having those come in for CAS! Those nose guns Buuuuuurrrrrp and do magic on danger close troops in the open!

Thanks for your service!!

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome. Some advice I read when I picked my first kit, "When you have set on the model of your choice, go to it hammer and tongs, make mistakes, correct them, improve your techniques. If your model is obviously poor at points, recognize the errors, why they occurred, then correct".

Plenty of helpful advice on this Forum, good luck!

US Army, Drafted in 67, Vietnam 68-69, Sgt E-5.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great advice here. Where in VA? I'm in Williamsburg.

Newly joined, mid 50’s and trying my hand at wooden ship model crafting. Many years ago a US Naval officer but no sails or masts on my vessels! About 10 years ago I started the Constructo Bluenose 2 kit (solid hull), enjoyed but hit a wall on the standing rigging and left it there with bare pole masts and a couple of shrouds. At the same time I bought Artesania Latina La Toulonnaise kit and have started on that. I have spent a fair amount of time here and appreciate the depth of knowledge and experience along with the friendly advice.

I have taken a few pics along the way in the early phases of he build so ultimately may post a build log if it doesn’t look like it was raked by a Spanish 74!
Also USN Retired and live in Tidewater VA. May want to take a look at the Mariners Museum in Newport News. We have a model builders group that meets in the Museum 2nd Saturday at 1000 and would love to have you come and visit. I have learned so much from them. Every meeting has a presentation that teaches "How To" sessions and Zoom meetings that you can check in. Next meeting Sat 9 March 1000. 20 years driving Tin Cans and 25 more teaching Special Needs kids Midle School. We have professional naval architects and USN Retired folks. WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Back