Hello from Virginia Beach

Hello everybody, glad to be here. I don't have a lot of experience with only 4 builds under my belt, and the last one being 15 years ago. As I draw nearer to retirement, I'm planning on jumping back in to the game. I just ordered plans for the French 1747 corvette L'Amarante (which will be waaaaayy out of my league skill-wise but hey, if you don't push yourself, you never get better, right?). I'm anxious to try a scratch-build model. I'm inspired in part by member Giampy65, who has posted an excellent portfolio documenting his work on L'Amarante here in this forum. As this will probably be a muti-year project for me, I'll post a few pictures every now and then.

Again, glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to drawing on the knowledge, skills and talents I can glean from this forum!

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
With four models you have more experience, than a lot of other modelers, it is very good, that you reactivate this / our beautiful hobby.
The Amarante is a very interesting project, the ship has very fine lines and the planset / monograph made by Gérard Delacroix is really complete and well done. Published by ancre.
So I think it will be a doable scratch build and if you start a building log, either we would be very happy and we can give some comments and hints, when ever it is necessary and requested.
For everybody interested, here you can find the planset review of the 12-gun corvette L´AMARANTE

Wellcome aboard sir.

I ordered the same book and it's on the way now. I'll start to build L'Amarante as soon as finishing my current and planned projects.

I'll be watching your build log as well as @Giampy65's

Best regards.

Last edited:
l look forward to a build log of this and hoping that you will do so in time.

Hello everybody, glad to be here. I don't have a lot of experience with only 4 builds under my belt, and the last one being 15 years ago. As I draw nearer to retirement, I'm planning on jumping back in to the game. I just ordered plans for the French 1747 corvette L'Amarante (which will be waaaaayy out of my league skill-wise but hey, if you don't push yourself, you never get better, right?). I'm anxious to try a scratch-build model. I'm inspired in part by member Giampy65, who has posted an excellent portfolio documenting his work on L'Amarante here in this forum. As this will probably be a muti-year project for me, I'll post a few pictures every now and then.

Again, glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to drawing on the knowledge, skills and talents I can glean from this forum!

Hallo @clinton114
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @clinton114
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @clinton114
Birthday-Cake

Back