Hello from Montreal

JTV

Hello all,

Thanks for welcoming me into this community.

I'm completely new to the hobby. That being said, my dad is a huge hobbyist. I've grown up watching him put together R/C model airplanes, R/C model cars, miniature trains and many other model related stuff. That has always fascinated me. Also, I'm a curiosity for understanding the mechanics of how something works, be it airplanes, sail ships and the likes.

I've decided I want to try my hand at model sail ship building years ago, but found the price of model quite expensive to try something I'm not sure I'll have the fine motor skills to accomplish. Recently, I became aware of the cheap Halcon 1:100 model kit, and thanks to the excellent build logs on this forum, decided to acquire it as an entry into the hobby. If I have any kind of fun with it, I'll likely move on to better kits.

I'm planning to start a build log of my own as soon as I make some progress on the model, which should be later this week. I think I'll definitely be asking for advice on there.

Cheers,
J

a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Although it is cheap kit, the Halcon is not the easiest kit at all, but you will recognize it
We have several building logs which will be helpful when you start with the progress on this project - and with your own log, you will be able to ask questisons and you will get hints from expereineced modelers - but most important is: Have fun with this hobby :cool:

Reactions: JTV
Bonjour et bienvenue à bord.

Welcome, we are neighbors, I live on the south shore of Montreal. I am happy to see new compatriots from Quebec.

Salut!

Welcome! I hail from the Saguenay and spent a fair amount of time in Montreal. Now on the West Coast. There’s lots of knowledge here and willingness to help.
Best of luck,
Dave

• Love
Welcome and have fun on your planned project.

Please start a build log so we can follow and help if needed.

There are many members here from up north to help you and who knows who may be your neighbor a city or two away.

Hi @Kurt Konrath. Thanks for the advice. Here's the build log: Halcon 1:100 - My first builld

Hi @Chris B, happy to find some compatriots on here too :)
Hi @DavidD, are you still in Canada, or have you moved down south to fairer weather?

Thank you everyone for the very nice and warm welcome. At my local library, they have a pretty big model of the Bounty. I'll try to get some details next time I'm over there.

Not to hijack René’s welcome but yes, I’m on Vancouver Island. The weather is pretty fair here.
D

Back