Hello from landlocked Idaho.

Residing in Idaho but originally from Belgium, traveled throughout the world(Europe, Africa, Asia) and now North America. Lifetime modeler, started with figures ( Andrea, Pegaso, Border, Poste Militaire, ect..). But also ships, mostly plastic (Tamiya) and Resin (Kombrig) when they were affordable! Build a couple of "easy" wood ship models, the Artesiana Latina Swift and the Zuiderzee Botter.The last one without instructions, just the box top as a reference. Saving money for a newer kit and mean time taking apart some old metal figures that I am planning to redo. Found the perfect formula to take apart parts glued with epoxy and to remove the paint without using toxic solutions. Hoping to get one of the Vanguard Scottish fishing boats for Christmas.

Welcome aboard SOS! Hope you will acquire the Scottish Fishing boat on Christmas. Being you have such a wealth of experience building models, I am sure you know how to ask Santa. ;)

We would love to see some of your finishing models. Personally, I would love to see Kombrig models as I am familiar with their models' catalog.

Anyways, have fun!

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
So we are crossing the fingers, that Santa or the christchild will bring you a new kit.
.....but you know, it depends mainly on you, if you were brave this year .......

Residing in Idaho but originally from Belgium, traveled throughout the world(Europe, Africa, Asia) and now North America. Lifetime modeler, started with figures ( Andrea, Pegaso, Border, Poste Militaire, ect..). But also ships, mostly plastic (Tamiya) and Resin (Kombrig) when they were affordable! Build a couple of "easy" wood ship models, the Artesiana Latina Swift and the Zuiderzee Botter.The last one without instructions, just the box top as a reference. Saving money for a newer kit and mean time taking apart some old metal figures that I am planning to redo. Found the perfect formula to take apart parts glued with epoxy and to remove the paint without using toxic solutions. Hoping to get one of the Vanguard Scottish fishing boats for Christmas.
Wecome! I too live in Idaho (Meridian, Idaho). Looking forward to seeing your posts and works!

Hello Philski,
I also reside in Meridian. We have a small and older, but enthusiastic group of ship modelers that meet every last Wednesday the month at the Eagle Nazarene
Church from 13:30 to 15:00. It is located on the old State Street.You are welcome to attend and bring projects and or ideas.

Hello Philski,
I also reside in Meridian. We have a small and older, but enthusiastic group of ship modelers that meet every last Wednesday the month at the Eagle Nazarene
Church from 13:30 to 15:00. It is located on the old State Street.You are welcome to attend and bring projects and or ideas.
Thank you! I would love to attend and meet fellow modelers! I'll need to put it on my calendar. I'm retired so meeting times aren't a problem....

Welcome to the forum, take time to use search and check out various build logs and the many posts on how to.

When in doubt, post photo in question and the great folks will try to help you.

Coppers,
Welcome aboard to our forum.
I also love to paint historical figures.
001D2300-DCEA-4440-8B2C-540C224F9620.jpeg

Hallo @Coppens
We wish you all the best and a happy Birthday

Hallo @Coppens
we wish you all the BESt and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back