Hello from Arizona, not Cleveland

Thanks for forming your group and including me. I am a 67 year old man honoring the memory or my late father by building versions of the ship he served on in 1946-47. He is the pilot in the little captain's gig at the ship's side in the photo, the Cleveland class light cruiser the USS Astoria CL-90. To prepare I have done much, MUCH research about all of the CLEVELANDS an underrepresented class of U.S. Navy warship that was so instrumental in numerous naval and air defense victories in the Pacific against the Japanese during WWII. I plan to do much documentation of my builds. I am a former professional photographer and PBS television director who has been little taken back by some poorly done Youtube presentations that I have seen. Studio Blue Ocean is an example of video presentations done right. I am also an artist so my dioramas will include painted backgrounds, which I can do for others to, but first things first. I am regaining my build skills from my younger self . Metal etch is new to me; a fun frustration, with fewer, and fewer total disasters as I have l been learning this delicate but very worth it craft. So besides this stuff I can share with members my knowledge about the Cleveland class light cruisers and building specific named versions from the few kits available. I also look forward to advice and help for improving my build skills from other group members.

1946_circa_astoria_cl-90_700x cropped2.jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Céad Míle Fáilte Rick , I've some good friends in Tuscon Ship-1 Pirate FlagShip-1Pirate Flag

Thanks for forming your group and including me. I am a 67 year old man honoring the memory or my late father by building versions of the ship he served on in 1946-47. He is the pilot in the little captain's gig at the ship's side in the photo, the Cleveland class light cruiser the USS Astoria CL-90. To prepare I have done much, MUCH research about all of the CLEVELANDS an underrepresented class of U.S. Navy warship that was so instrumental in numerous naval and air defense victories in the Pacific against the Japanese during WWII. I plan to do much documentation of my builds. I am a former professional photographer and PBS television director who has been little taken back by some poorly done Youtube presentations that I have seen. Studio Blue Ocean is an example of video presentations done right. I am also an artist so my dioramas will include painted backgrounds, which I can do for others to, but first things first. I am regaining my build skills from my younger self . Metal etch is new to me; a fun frustration, with fewer, and fewer total disasters as I have l been learning this delicate but very worth it craft. So besides this stuff I can share with members my knowledge about the Cleveland class light cruisers and building specific named versions from the few kits available. I also look forward to advice and help for improving my build skills from other group members.

View attachment 375761
Hallo @Cleveland Rick
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back