Hello from Amityville, New York

I've started to build a Pearl Harbor Diorama of Dec. 7.1941, I am collecting all the available models in 1/700 scale. Some ships aren't available anywhere so I'll probably have to modify existing kits to make up for those missing. All the Battleships and Cruisers and Destroyers I have but some of the auxiliary ships are no longer available. It is a large undertaking but I plan to work on exclusively once I begin in earnest. I've really admired some of the models other members have built and displayed on your website, I just hope I can do near as well as some of you.

Welcome aboard SOS, Palerro! Very interesting project. I would love to see a build log of it, here at SOS. Would you willing to start one so we all have a chance to see the progress?

aye welcome. Sounds like impressive project - what do you reckon the overall size will be? (i'm useless at judging scale size)

Welcome aboard. Quite a project! How many individual ships are you going to include? Will you be adding launches and other support boats? I look forward to seeing the project develop.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

I've started to build a Pearl Harbor Diorama of Dec. 7.1941, I am collecting all the available models in 1/700 scale. Some ships aren't available anywhere so I'll probably have to modify existing kits to make up for those missing. All the Battleships and Cruisers and Destroyers I have but some of the auxiliary ships are no longer available. It is a large undertaking but I plan to work on exclusively once I begin in earnest. I've really admired some of the models other members have built and displayed on your website, I just hope I can do near as well as some of you.
Hallo @palerro
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the diorama going? Would be interesting to see some photos....

welcome to - a nice project indeed. Surprising that the ships that you are wanting to include are not available in plastic (as many as I have seen on the market).

Back