Hello all

Hi,
Im Tony, Ive been on this forum a fair while now, so it would be rude of me not to introduce myself, instead of just looking at other folks great builds. Ive been into model building for years. I started years ago with airfix and other rplastic kits. My first wooden ship was about 15 years ago, when i built the Billing Will Everard for my father - who sadly died of cancer before i could finish it. I never had the heart to finish it, and gave up building altogether till about 4 years ago.
I began again with the Artesania Latina bounty jolly boat kit and a couple of petite properties fantasy houses (which i donated to a cancer charity), next came the Occre Titanic, then the Billing Andrea Gail, followed by the Occre Stephensons Rocket. At present i am working on the Model Trailways Victorian Hearse, in in the final stages of a pretty tricky (well for me) build. That will be enough of wheeled stuff for now, Im going back to the sea! Possibly the Santa Maria, HMS Bounty, the Mary Rose or maybe something else.
Anyway,
thanks for reading,
Tony

IMG_20211021_141813.jpg

IMG20230607091607.jpg

IMG20230917105239.jpg

IMG20231123133627 - Copy.jpg

Welcome! And sorry to hear of your loss. I put off building a model of the USS Cowpens (CVL-25) that my father served about during WWII until his passing. He never got to see my finished effort. Here are a few photos as she sailed in October 1944:
Cowpens Starboard.JPG
Starboard view in Measure 33 Design 7A
Cowpens Hellcat Launch.JPG
Launching Hellcats
Cowpens Torpedo Loading.JPG
Loading torpedoes onto TBM Avengers.
Best,
Pete

Just to finish off my Introductions here are a couple of plastic ship kits Ive done over the past couple of years, in between the wooden projects.
On my shelf waiting to get done I have the Atlantic models resin kit of HMS Laforey. this is the ship my Great uncle was killed on in 1944 whilst chasing U233 of of Anzio. One day ill make it.

So here is the Airfix Mary Rose (1:400 scale), and Revell Scharnhorst (1:570 scale)

maryrose1.jpg

IMG20230706094013(1).jpg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back