Greeting from Kentucky, US

Thanks for the invitation Donnie to join the forum! And a great website. I am in complete awe of you builders out there. The level of detail in those pictures in the gallery are phenomenal. I'm a first time builder at age 57. Long story to what brought me to boat building. Suffice it to say my step father - a very humble man and great builder of wooden ship models - passed away 2 months ago. I decided that in his memory I'd tackle my first entry level boat builld - Sharpie Schooner by Midwest. This is the first time I've participated in a forum so I'm currently feeling my way through the learning curve. Will try to attach some pics of the Schooner. Learned so much on this build. Number 1: Walk away after gluing thumb and forefinger together more than 3 times in 15 minutes. Anyway, I'm up for more punishment and have on order my next build - 1/56 America Kit by Constructo - which will be my first experience with the art of planking. Look forward to reading the logs and learning so much from everyone.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,244
  • pic2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,245
Welcome to SoS Lanuch,

Might fine Sharpie if I say so myself !!!

Donnie

ps - hope you hang around come back soon !

Happy to see you here with us, Lanuch!:D
...I hope to see you soon in a build log
My wellcome arrives from Italy,
Fair winds,
Laerte

Back