Grants Xebec 1:60 (using Jabeque Cazador Occre1:60 kit) [COMPLETED BUILD]

She's... WOW.... She's bеа.... She's beautiful and sexy....
Hi Grant, She’s finally finished, all 96 pages worth, it’s been like reading a good novel, enjoyed every chapter. I can’t add anything that’s not already been said about your build, I can only add my compliments to an outstanding build and log, well done. Ken
She is looking great, Grant. The black standing rigging is in beautiful contrast with the sails. And the overall details are amazing.
Regards, Peter
For me they are the most beautiful and elegant ships that have sailed the seas.
She is looking wonderful full of details in several complementing shades of wood and magnificent sails. Outstanding work.
A wonderful build Grant, love to see her. You did a great job on her. Congrats.
Good morning . Thank you gentlemen. I had loads of fun with this ship, creating my own design etc. @Obormotov I super happy you said “sexy” as it was one of my mission to make the Cazador more sexy… l remember some banter with @dockattner early in my log. I still need to make flags, stand and display case which I have no idea how to…..Cheers Grant

She's a real beauty Grant, Every aspect of her!
Good morning Daniel . You have always joined my ship building adventures with encouragement and assistance- thank you.
One of the best Xebec built on this forum. Great result and stunning ship. Congratulations Grant!
Good morning Peter. I need to single you out here a little. Your version of the Cazador, I will call it “Peters Xebec” is the one reference which I used the most. Your build log is a guide (unlike my story) on how to turn the Occre Cazador into an accurate and wonderful Xebec. Without it I would never have achieved the final version of “Grants Xebec” - so thank you very much. One day (hopefully ) I will be able to attain the craftsman and finish you displayed in Peters Xebec….just not this day:D. Thank you again my friend.
Cheers Grant

Good morning Grant, as I said quite early on in your protocol, “knowing you, it will be a beauty,” and now it has been confirmed, great result.
Good morning Tobias. Thank you very much. It was a super fun build and I enjoyed having the freedom of creativity. My next build I will attempt, as best I can, a replica and a POF….This will be interesting…….… Cheers Grant

Thank you Peter. I’m going to need all the help I can get here….:oops:. Cheers Grant
For my Bluenose I ordered some items from OcCre:
The wood profiles ware very useful.
Regards, Peter

It's over?!? How did I miss the official ending?

Congratulations Grant! A truly beautiful result that will be a real eye-catcher (and conversation starter) on the back wall of your bar. Even the partially withdrawn sails are sexy (showing a bit of thigh - but not too much ROTF). It has been a real joy following your build. You surprise me so often with your skills that I guess I need to stop being surprised!

Can't wait for your next adventure!

What a stunning result you achieved here Grant, you made a great Xebec. It s absolutely wonderfull
Good evening Peter. Thank you kindly.
It's over?!? How did I miss the official ending?

Congratulations Grant! A truly beautiful result that will be a real eye-catcher (and conversation starter) on the back wall of your bar. Even the partially withdrawn sails are sexy (showing a bit of thigh - but not too much ROTF). It has been a real joy following your build. You surprise me so often with your skills that I guess I need to stop being surprised!

Can't wait for your next adventure!
Good evening Paul. Thank you. I guess I got some of the sexy…just a tease. ROTFIt’s not completely done yet, I am going to attempt to make a stand and display case…..hmmmm…and flags…hmmmm again??Redface

My next adventure is decided. With much fear and trepidation I will give a POF a go, a British ship. Firstly tho, I am going to finish giving “that bounty” a do over. I have Been bashing it a tad for a while now. Having a blast - E.g
C746C354-29A1-4497-8DC4-5946105FD0A8.jpeg0E6B8C73-73BC-4639-9A63-13BF722EEBC7.jpeg
Arrows etc is my simple method of seeing if the previous build had symmetry- clearly not, something went pear shaped when the bulkheads and false deck laid. Doubt I can fix that.
Cheers Grant

stand and display-case missing - but your ship model is completed - and that is the important status
Also from my side Congratulations on this fine ship model - BRAVO
she is looking great
british and POF - there are not so much our there ....... could it be?

1714438811933.pngGrant, so glad that after a significant absence from this forum I was able to make it back in time to herald the completion - or near completion - of your Xebec. Jaa Boet, you've outdone yourself here. Checks lank kif, bru, as they say, and what terrific lines she has! Above all, you have built a terrific presence here on SOS and I think I speak for many when I say that your work, affability and good humour are a joy to watch and follow. 'Affability' by the way is too big a word for my usual vocab but I just wanted to try it out in a sentence. A bit like using the term 'athwartships' to make it look like you know about all things nautical :p

Good luck with the display case as a work of art like Grant's Xebec deserves to be immortalised somehow, and looking forward as always to your next endeavour, whatever it is. Sterkte ou swaer Thumbsup

Last edited:
stand and display-case missing - but your ship model is completed - and that is the important status
Also from my side Congratulations on this fine ship model - BRAVO
she is looking great
british and POF - there are not so much our there ....... could it be?
Good morning Uwek. Thank you for the compliment and checking out my humble Xebec. Ha we will have to wait to find out;). In mean time this Bounty do over has taken hold of me and becoming more of a rebuild than a do over. Cheers Grant

View attachment 444753Grant, so glad that after a significant absence from this forum I was able to make it back in time to herald the completion - or near completion - of your Xebec. Jaa Boet, you've outdone yourself here. Checks lank kif, bru, as they say, and what terrific lines she has! Above all, you have built a terrific presence here on SOS and I think I speak for many when I say that your work, affability and good humour are a joy to watch and follow. 'Affability' by the way is too big a word for my usual vocab but I just wanted to try it out in a sentence. A bit like using the term 'athwartships' to make it look like you know about all things nautical :p

Good luck with the display case as a work of art like Grant's Xebec deserves to be immortalised somehow, and looking forward as always to your next endeavour, whatever it is. Sterkte ou swaer Thumbsup
Good morning Mark. Ja I think it checks. lekker my kerel . When this ouballie started all my changes I thought I was mal . However it all came together and I am pleased with the outcome. Thanks for the compliments Mark, you make me blush….just a littleROTF. Cheers Grant

It’s difficult to add to what others have said Grant. Your Xebec is a truly beautiful build. It’s been a real treat following your log and enjoying your exceptional progress turning a box of bits into such a fine model. Congratulations!
Good afternoon Roger. Thank you very much for this compliment. I am learned with each build so hopefully this trend is a continuation. Cheers Grant

Back