Goleta/Schooner Gladys. Vintage kit.

Hello everyone. I recently bought this rare and old kit at a flea market.
I'm not sure but it could be a Constructo kit. It is a fishing schooner named Gladys. I don't know if it really existed, although it looks a lot like the schooner Bluenose.
What do you think?

Cheers ;)

DSC_0611.JPG

DSC_0612.JPG

DSC_0619.JPG

DSC_0622.JPG

DSC_0620.JPG

DSC_0621.JPG

DSC_0613.JPG

DSC_0614.JPG

DSC_0616.JPG

DSC_0617.JPG

DSC_0618.JPG

Last edited:
I forgot, it only cost me 19 euros. They asked me for 50 but that was all I had in my pocket. :rolleyes:

Ok, surfing the net I just found this. There was a brand called Golden Kits, in Barcelona.

View attachment 324239

View attachment 324240
and you have kit number 81 of total 300 kits produced .....

An interesting vintage kit in very good condition. "Golden Kits" - I did not know about them before

Do you plan to build it or keep the kit like it is?

Hello Uwek. I'll keep it in reserve for now. When I start with the rigging of the Santísima Trinidad, maybe I start it, to clear my mind of so many ropeso_O

Greetings;)

Last edited:
It is amazing what can be found in the line of model ship kits at garage/yard sales. A few years ago I found a partially started Billings kit of the Cutty Sark complete with the fittings kit for $12. It had a terrible job of planking started on it but all frames were there and the rest of the kit untouched. Lots of times people purchase these kits but don't realize the amount of patients it takes to create a model as depicted on the box cover.

We should make a new forum theme titled:
“Bargain Found on Line”.
It strongly believe that we ALL have something to say and post about this.

Back