Gangway

I have a query over in "Ships Construction" about Gangways. I'm staring to wonder if I have the name right. I'm concerned with the walkway that went along the top of the bulwarks from the forecastle to the quarterdeck. Goodwin calls it a gangway and Dan Vadas also does but a search in Google, SOS or MSW for gangway doesn't come up with anything that relates to what I'm looking for. Is there another name I should be hunting down?

I have a query over in "Ships Construction" about Gangways. I'm staring to wonder if I have the name right. I'm concerned with the walkway that went along the top of the bulwarks from the forecastle to the quarterdeck. Goodwin calls it a gangway and Dan Vadas also does but a search in Google, SOS or MSW for gangway doesn't come up with anything that relates to what I'm looking for. Is there another name I should be hunting down?
I do not think, that she had some.
and there was also no reasson, why she would have needed gangways, because there was need on such type of ship to walk fastly from quarterdeck to forecastle.
Definitely as a mortar ship not, because they would hinder the shooting of the mortar...... and later I guess there was also no need

I just remember, that there was an explanation in Gardiners book about the "Filling in the waist"

Thanks Uwe. I just bought the Kindle version. This was only $18 Can and being Kindle it won't just sit on my shelf. Looks like there is some ships boats stuff I can use.

Back