Fragata Mercedes

A very interesting model.
Is this this one launched 1786 and Sunk by the British 5 October 1804?

Based on which drawings you have build this model? Based on the Mahonesa monograph?
And in which scale did you build her?

BTW: a very good build model - Bravo!

Correcto, es esa fragata en cuestión.
Los planos para su construcción los saqué del plano de una fragata de la misma serie que la Mercedes y mismo armamento, del ingeniero Romero Landa.
Los trabajé con CAD para sacar la enramada.
La escala es 1/48
Saludos y muchas gracias

Correct, it is that frigate in question.
I took the plans for its construction from the plan of a frigate of the same series as the Mercedes and with the same weapons, by the engineer Romero Landa.
I worked them with CAD to remove the arbor.
The scale is 1/48
Greetings and thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
A fabulous job! I would love to read documentation and see photos of the process. A beautiful frigate

¡Un trabajo fabuloso! Me encantaría leer la documentación y ver fotos del proceso. Una hermosa fragata

Correcto, es esa fragata en cuestión.
Los planos para su construcción los saqué del plano de una fragata de la misma serie que la Mercedes y mismo armamento, del ingeniero Romero Landa.
Los trabajé con CAD para sacar la enramada.
La escala es 1/48
Saludos y muchas gracias

Correct, it is that frigate in question.
I took the plans for its construction from the plan of a frigate of the same series as the Mercedes and with the same weapons, by the engineer Romero Landa.
I worked them with CAD to remove the arbor.
The scale is 1/48
Greetings and thank you very much
Buenos días, trabajo soberbio, los planos a los que aludes son por casualidad de Ntra. Sra. de la Soledad? comprados en el Museo Naval de Madrid?, yo he comenzado a construir la Soledad, también a 1/48, he terminado la grada y he conseguido las maderas de Roble, me encuentro actualmente en un dilema y es donde colocar, según el reglamento de maderas las 65 cuadernas. A partir de las cajas de formas de proa y popa saco la plantilla de las 8 cuadernas de armar (digamos las cuadernas fundamentales) y la maestra de que consta cada una. Como sacar con las cuadernas de henchimiento, (cuadernas intermedias)? , me gustaría ver fotos de tu trabajo desde el principio, ¿podrías ayudarme a comenzar.? LO dicho maravilloso trabajo y enhorabuena.

Good morning, superb work, the plans to which you allude are by chance from Ntra. Sra. de la Soledad? purchased at the Naval Museum of Madrid? I have started to build the Soledad, also at 1/48, I have finished the slipway and I have obtained the Oak wood, I am currently in a dilemma and it is where to place, according to the regulations of wood the 65 frames. From the bow and stern shape boxes I take out the template of the 8 ribs to assemble (let's say the fundamental ribs) and the master that each one consists of. How to take out with the filling ribs, (intermediate ribs)? , I would like to see photos of your work from the beginning, could you help me get started? I said wonderful work and congratulations.

1693125832927.png

Ese es el plano que me ha servido para la construcción de la Mercedes.
Lo pasé a Autocad y tracé el numero de cuadernas necesarias para la enrramada, aparte de las secciones que ya vienen dibujadas.
Una nota aparte:
Usar madera de roble para una maqueta a esa escala, no es muy conveniente. El roble, aunque sea la madera original de las construcciones, presenta una veta demasiado larga. Hay que encontrar una madera cuya veta esté a la misma escala que el modelo, o que no presente ninguna veta, como la de los frutales. Así me lo aconsejaron a mí.
Voy a buscar por mi "hemeroteca" para mostrar el paso a paso de su construcción.

Muchisimas gracias por su atención.

Desde Córdoba, un saludo

That is the plan that has served me for the construction of the Mercedes.
I transferred it to Autocad and drew the number of frames necessary for the trellis, apart from the sections that are already drawn.
A side note:
Using oak wood for a model at that scale is not very convenient. The oak, although it is the original wood of the buildings, has a grain that is too long. You have to find a wood whose grain is on the same scale as the model, or which does not have any grain, like that of fruit trees. That's how they advised me.
I'm going to look for my "newspaper library" to show the step by step of its construction.

Thank you for your attention.

Greetings from Cordoba

Muchas gracias a usted por la respuesta, es una gran ventaja poder manejar el AUTOCAD, yo no sé como utilizarlo, solo tengo la reprografía del museo naval. Le doy la razón en lo de la madera, he visto que usan mucho el peral, yo no dispongo de ella y si de bastante roble y castaño, aunque no es muy adecuado este último.
Por cierto en el museo naval de Madrid hay dos reprografía de fragatas de Romero Landa que son iguales aunque con las cajas de forma diferentes y algo mas de detalle en el espejo de popa este que hemos usado y de signatura MNM_PB_0351 y el de signatura MNM_PB_0210, que presenta algunas diferencias.
Muchísimas gracias nuevamente por su respuesta
Desde Utrera, un saludo

Thank you very much for the answer, it is a great advantage to be able to handle AUTOCAD, I don't know how to use it, I only have the reprography of the naval museum. I agree with him regarding the wood, I have seen that they use a lot of pear trees, I do not have them and I do have enough oak and chestnut trees, although the latter is not very suitable.
By the way, in the naval museum of Madrid there are two frigate reproductions by Romero Landa that are the same, although with differently shaped boxes and a little more detail in the transom that we have used and with the signature MNM_PB_0351 and the one with the signature MNM_PB_0210. which has some differences.
Thank you very much again for your answer
Greetings from Utrera

Impresionante trabajo. Lo seguire con atencion a ver si aprendo algo.

Awesome work. I'll keep an eye on it to see if I learn anything.

Muchas gracias a usted por la respuesta, es una gran ventaja poder manejar el AUTOCAD, yo no sé como utilizarlo, solo tengo la reprografía del museo naval. Le doy la razón en lo de la madera, he visto que usan mucho el peral, yo no dispongo de ella y si de bastante roble y castaño, aunque no es muy adecuado este último.
Por cierto en el museo naval de Madrid hay dos reprografía de fragatas de Romero Landa que son iguales aunque con las cajas de forma diferentes y algo mas de detalle en el espejo de popa este que hemos usado y de signatura MNM_PB_0351 y el de signatura MNM_PB_0210, que presenta algunas diferencias.
Muchísimas gracias nuevamente por su respuesta
Desde Utrera, un saludo

Thank you very much for the answer, it is a great advantage to be able to handle AUTOCAD, I don't know how to use it, I only have the reprography of the naval museum. I agree with him regarding the wood, I have seen that they use a lot of pear trees, I do not have them and I do have enough oak and chestnut trees, although the latter is not very suitable.
By the way, in the naval museum of Madrid there are two frigate reproductions by Romero Landa that are the same, although with differently shaped boxes and a little more detail in the transom that we have used and with the signature MNM_PB_0351 and the one with the signature MNM_PB_0210. which has some differences.
Thank you very much again for your answer
Greetings from Utrera
Hallo @mleonc
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back