Follow up to Santa Marie

I may have made a mistake regarding the number of Santa Maria kits. I got the impression that there would be many kits available based on a plaque that came with my kit that read “00020”. But right now the Dry Dock store has only one in inventory. But probably not all that important.

I may have made a mistake regarding the number of Santa Maria kits. I got the impression that there would be many kits available based on a plaque that came with my kit that read “00020”. But right now the Dry Dock store has only one in inventory. But probably not all that important.
i don’t have an issue. The kit comes with a plaque with the ships name and beneath the name is a serial number. Mine read “Serial number: 00020”. I interpreted this to mean that perhaps thousands of kits would be produced and that mine was an early production kit - the 20th. To me that meant many more kits produced would give many modelers the opportunity to build this ship (that it wouldn’t be a limited production). Then when I looked at the Dry Dock web site last night and saw that there was only one in inventory I thought that my assumption that many kits would be offered may be wrong and there would be a limited number of kits offered.

This is an impressive model and will be beautiful when finished. The price seemed reasonable and a great value. I hope that many modelers will have the opportunity to enjoy this build.

There is no issue just an observation.

The kit was just released 1 month ago ,Ships of Pavel Nikitin is a small company ,they cannot produce thousands .

Back