Deck boat St. Gabriel

Hi Folks
I was so impressed by the quality of Master Korabel's "Avos", that I bought this kit during my build. And I think is time to crack on.
IMG_1248.JPG
the hull construction this time is a little bit different. Is close to a popular plank on the frame method :)
IMG_1249.JPG
Stay tuned :)

I will stay tuned ..... and will follow with big interest

Cool! I will be following your build with interest as I also have a Master Korabel (Polotsk) and can't wait to start it.

Hello fellow modellers
I did preliminary sanding on the almost finished first layer of "planking". Now, I need to fill all the holes on the bow and stern with some leftovers and pieces of wooden sprue/frame.
IMG_1306.JPGIMG_1307.JPGIMG_1311.JPG
IMG_1308.JPGIMG_1309.JPGIMG_1310.JPG
Some thoughts on the work so far for those who would like to build her:
1. top of the frames has very tiny tooths on the top to accept false gunwale. I knocked out about half of it during assembly - be careful.
2. I didn't fair the frames in the middle, thinking they are straight. right? big mistake. ended up with a longitudinal gap, fortunately, small enough to use filler only.
3. Instruction is an early google translator type, so I spend a lot of time thinking about what the author wanted to say. Fortunately, pictures are a big help.
4. All the planks in the middle need to be bottom up. I mean the side with a thinner laser cut line to be positioned outside.

Happy modeling

Making some progress...
Generally, smooth sailing apart from some issues.
I used Gorilla contact glue (clear) for the final planking. It wasn't a good idea. The glue wasn't very"sticky" and it reacted with danish oil, and you can roll it out from between the planking.
The black venire used for rubbing strips and gunwales is very fragile and brittle. So it is inevitable that accidents will happen
IMG_2063.JPG
Anyway. After repairs of the material issues:
IMG_2064.JPGIMG_2069.JPG
And my own mistakes
IMG_2071.JPG
All the ugliness was covered and she is beautiful :

IMG_2072.JPGIMG_2073.JPGIMG_2081.JPG
The suplied nails are way to big in my opinion:
IMG_2074.JPG
So cut off the heads, smoothed the ends and I think they are much better:
IMG_2075.JPGIMG_2078.JPGIMG_2080.JPG

Small update
I found nice, small nails by AMATI
IMG_2170.JPG
the nail's shaft is only 0.5 mm. opposite to supplied nails which are 0.8mm. the head is nice and small as well, so it looks much better:
IMG_2174.JPG
and the back end looks like that
IMG_2176.JPG

Small update
I found nice, small nails by AMATI
Those nails look good and well-fitted on the rudder. They may look a bit off-scale (just a bit), IMHO. Next time you may look for tiny nails try Drydock, they have many sizes to choose from.

Those nails look good and well-fitted on the rudder. They may look a bit off-scale (just a bit), IMHO. Next time you may look for tiny nails try Drydock, they have many sizes to choose from.

Thanks. I have drydock bookmarked but for ropes. now it will be full service.:))

Hi Folks
I was so impressed by the quality of Master Korabel's "Avos", that I bought this kit during my build. And I think is time to crack on.

the hull construction this time is a little bit different. Is close to a popular plank on the frame method :)

Stay tuned :)
Hallo @Dragdonius
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back