CUTTY SARK- ARTESANIA LATINA-1:84

I can't believe that we have the same model from the same manufacturer and mine is so different from yours. A major difference is the raised focsle deck at the bow. Mine is raised above the main deck from the out houses forward and yours is all one deck. I think that's a major difference in models but which one is correct? I've built three models of the Cutty Sark and each one has had different rigging. Makes me wonder just which ship I'm modeling. The first two were plastic models and were smaller in scale so they would be less detailed but this one I have now is 1/72 and a big model by any standard. It should be right since there is room for a lot of details but it's not when I look at other CS's. The manufacturers should get their s--- together IMHO. The plastic model plans have a much more comprehensive set of rigging plans than the wood one does. Think I'll just go by what they say and the heck with it. Another question I have is wern't all clipper ships rigged pretty much the same? My book by William Crothers seems to think so but the Cutty was built in Scotland. Mr. Crother's book was written about U.S. built clippers only. Maybe that's at least part of the disparity between the two.

Well I'm wrong again. I see now that your foc'sal deck IS raised above the main deck. Guess I just don't see things as well as I used to or the upper deck was added after my viewing. Sorry.

Back