Cross-cat-harpins.

Hi everybody; I'm a devotee of Nelson's navy, and the Jack Aubrey novels by Patrick O'Brien. Jack is continuously looking to increase the speed of a new command, with hold re-stowing, mast stepping, and raking, and as a throwback to earlier years cross-cat-harpins to get a degree or two better angle on his braced yards. For years I'd wondered what they were, and found out on line. And I found a link to Ships of Scale. Its probably sixty years since I last built a kit model,( A Keil Kraft sabre jet with a Jetex motor, ) and may never do so again. Whatever, I'm wonderfully pleased to have stumbled on to Scale. Thank you.

Hi everybody; I'm a devotee of Nelson's navy, and the Jack Aubrey novels by Patrick O'Brien. Jack is continuously looking to increase the speed of a new command, with hold re-stowing, mast stepping, and raking, and as a throwback to earlier years cross-cat-harpins to get a degree or two better angle on his braced yards. For years I'd wondered what they were, and found out on line. And I found a link to Ships of Scale. Its probably sixty years since I last built a kit model,( A Keil Kraft sabre jet with a Jetex motor, ) and may never do so again. Whatever, I'm wonderfully pleased to have stumbled on to Scale. Thank you.
Thanks Stephan.

Welcome to the friendliest ship model forum on the web, donnya! Please take a look at all the ship build logs and be inspired. When you start your next project please post a build log for all of us to enjoy and support. If you build a model ship, you learn terminology and parts of the ship, and that brings a lot of insight into the maritime novels you enjoy reading. If you have any questions, no matter how simple they may seem, please ask. A simple question will usually result in replies that will help many other members and benefit the entire forum.

Welcome aboard the best place on the 7 seas, and all the land around them.

So for us who may not know, what is a cross-cat-harpin used for?

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hallo @donnya
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back