Kit review Charles W. Morgan Whaling Bark 1:64 scale - Model Shipways

Well, you know they have free shipping.
Hey, your model maybe is small but you surely did a great job building it.
Thanks for sharing the picture with us.

Yes , I believe so. But that’s a good question to ask Carlos. I’ll see if they also cover Canada.

Most of you guys know this fact but let me just start with a brief history according to MS.
The Morgan was originally built fully-rigged, but right after the Civil War she was modified to become a double top sail bark.
Her wailing days came to an end 1921 with the decline whale oil prices.
She was purchased by Mystic Seaport back in 1941, she is now a beautiful restored monument to the men who built and sailed her.

This model does not have the color pictures in the instruction book like other MS models, but nevertheless these are also helpful with step by step construction details.

View attachment 215492View attachment 215493View attachment 215494View attachment 215495View attachment 215496View attachment 215497View attachment 215498View attachment 215499View attachment 215500View attachment 215501View attachment 215502View attachment 215503
Hallo @Bluebeard
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your special day
Birthday-Cake

When I look into my models closet; I ask myself the same question.
When and how long all of this models will take me to build?
So once in a wile I look at them and choose a favorite for my next build but tomorrow comes along and I change my mind again and choose another.
But what is really crazy is the fact that If I see a model that I like....I just buy it.
Is this a sickness?
I like to do the same thing, take a box out, open and look at the plans, maybe take out a reference book or two then carefully fold or roll up the plans and put it away. I do not think buying kits is a sickness it's surrounding yourself with friends and dreams.I have over 30 wooden ship kits another 700 or so plastic models mostly cars another 30 -35 stick and tissue aircraft kits and two large storage bins full of paper kits. So how could I think there is anything wrong there?

Vintagemodeler:
How about going to your closet and take a picture of those model kits and share it with us.
For sure will make us drool.

How else wants to see it besides me?

Back