Billings Wasa 490

Hello my name is John and I,am from Sweden and are trying to build Wasa from Billings , I have never built a model like this before and beacuse of very poor instructions (for me) I come across a lot of problems but I think it might be a ship in the end maybe not as detailed as some I seen but never mind. What I wonder just now is how the parts F488 (pearl) and 130 ,131 (truss) are to be fitted to the masts and what they are used for.
looking forward for some help

first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Due to the fact, that 99% of us did not build this kit (I guess so) it would be very helpful to show these parts via a photo or maybe also the manual or plan where these parts are shown with a photo.
With this maybe also others are able to recognize these parts and give a hint, or somebody who built the kit in the past can remember of how to install them.
Only with a parts number it will be hard to give an advise

Okay I,m completely New at this so I try to make it clearer and include some pictures the first picture is the foremast and then there is the instruction and I cant figure out what they mean so if someone knows please let me know, I also include a picture of the first page from the manual
john

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1636433697375.png
A parrel to be mounted around a mast to support a yard

take a look at this post, which makes it much clearer, than 1000 words from my self

TopIMG_1619.JPG.a70b3eec2010846495f9a2cea56c2d12.jpg

and also this post and the following by @dockattner in his log

Dutch Parrel rigging from Prinz Willem.jpg Parrels.jpg

Hello Ynokri (John), welcome aboard. You came to the right forum for help on the Vasa and it looks like you have a really nice build already going on.
Would you mind submitting more pictures. Yes, it looks like you are talking about peril beads, that is what my Billings Vasa says for F488. I have found the Billings plans to be very difficult indeed to work with.

Thank you but I already got some reply’s and I think that will help me to come a bit further but I’m sure there will be some questions in the future so I’ll be back

Hello my name is John and I,am from Sweden and are trying to build Wasa from Billings , I have never built a model like this before and beacuse of very poor instructions (for me) I come across a lot of problems but I think it might be a ship in the end maybe not as detailed as some I seen but never mind. What I wonder just now is how the parts F488 (pearl) and 130 ,131 (truss) are to be fitted to the masts and what they are used for.
I can only say thank to you all maybe I will be able to finish this som
Hello. I am building the Corel version of the Vasa (Wasa). Does your model have a decoration painting guide? if so, I have several questions for you about specific pieces, beginning with the long piece that first at the bow under the bowsprit. I cannot find any reference to give me a clue as to how to paint this piece. If anyone has some infor about it, please let me know. This is very different from the De Agostini version. Thanks!!

Hello Ynokri (John), welcome aboard. You came to the right forum for help on the Vasa and it looks like you have a really nice build already going on.
Would you mind submitting more pictures. Yes, it looks like you are talking about peril beads, that is what my Billings Vasa says for F488. I have found the Billings plans to be very difficult indeed to work with.
Hello again

I understand that you have built the WASA 490 1:75 Billing Boats and I try to do the same but it,s going wery slowly. I attach a picture of my progress and wonder if you can give me some hints about the rigging, the best would be if you have some pictures of how you solved the rigging between the platforms and in what order I should do things so I dont have to take it apart to many times. I would really appriciate it if you can give me some help.
I hop you understand my english

kind regards
John IMG_4880[1].JPG

Hello John, let me first give a link to my recently completed Vasa build log. (https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...-log-billing-boats-1-75-completed-build.7366/). There you will find hundreds of photos of 'as built' rigging and everything else which remember is just my interpretation. I want to give you two more excellent sources of Vasa builds as well. (https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/vasa-1-65-deagostini-completed-build.5904/) this is Paul @dockattner most fantastic Vasa build log. And then there is (https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...illing-boats-scale-1-75-completed-build.3759/) Peter @PeterG build of the same kit as you and I. John, I found the Billings instruction very difficult to follow but with the help of all the resources on this forum, I have every confidence you will get through this. For rigging this ship in general I started with the standing rigging consisting of Forestays, Backstays, Shroud Lines, and Rat Lines. Then on to the running rigging which is all the rigging required to hoist and maneuver the sails. My biggest problem was where to "tie off" the running rigging. there is a deck plan that shows this.

Your progress so far has produced a stunningly beautiful ship my friend so hang in there. Visit the links I gave you and make friends with the other Vasa builders on this forum. Please ask me any questions as many times as you like, and I'll try to help you.

PS, I see your from Sweden so if your ever in Stockholm, visit the real ship at the Vasamuseet, they also have a 1:10 scale model right there which I found really helpful. Visit online at (www.vasamuseet.se)

Hello John, let me first give a link to my recently completed Vasa build log. (https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...-log-billing-boats-1-75-completed-build.7366/). There you will find hundreds of photos of 'as built' rigging and everything else which remember is just my interpretation. I want to give you two more excellent sources of Vasa builds as well. (https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/vasa-1-65-deagostini-completed-build.5904/) this is Paul @dockattner most fantastic Vasa build log. And then there is (https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...illing-boats-scale-1-75-completed-build.3759/) Peter @PeterG build of the same kit as you and I. John, I found the Billings instruction very difficult to follow but with the help of all the resources on this forum, I have every confidence you will get through this. For rigging this ship in general I started with the standing rigging consisting of Forestays, Backstays, Shroud Lines, and Rat Lines. Then on to the running rigging which is all the rigging required to hoist and maneuver the sails. My biggest problem was where to "tie off" the running rigging. there is a deck plan that shows this.

Your progress so far has produced a stunningly beautiful ship my friend so hang in there. Visit the links I gave you and make friends with the other Vasa builders on this forum. Please ask me any questions as many times as you like, and I'll try to help you.

PS, I see your from Sweden so if your ever in Stockholm, visit the real ship at the Vasamuseet, they also have a 1:10 scale model right there which I found really helpful. Visit online at (www.vasamuseet.se)
Hello Daniel
Thanks ,s a lot for your answer I have ben to Vasamusket and the model I am building is bought there, it was a present from my daughter to her husband on his 30th birthday and that was 15 years ago and he never got the time to build it so just when Covid hit us and I had a operation of my knee I asked him if I could have a go at it and I have retired so now with your help I might be able to finish it.
thanks again
regards John

Bonjour,

Je suis aussi en train de construire le Vasa (Corel). Mon Kit est initialement prévu de construire sans voiles. Je suis d’avis qu’un voilier sans voiles n’est pas un voilier. Donc je me suis commandé les voiles déjà cousu en supplément, Ce n’est pas la gloire, mais bon. J’espère maintenant avec votre aide de trouver un plan de montage pour ces voiles. J’ai déjà regardé beaucoup de photos de voiliers fini, mais ça ne m’aide pas assez pour finir ma maquette. Un plan, photographé (vu de face et vue en plan) comme sur le joint « print screen », me serait très utile.

Merci d’avance pour votre aideCapture.JPG

Bonjour,

Je suis aussi en train de construire le Vasa (Corel). Mon Kit est initialement prévu de construire sans voiles. Je suis d’avis qu’un voilier sans voiles n’est pas un voilier. Donc je me suis commandé les voiles déjà cousu en supplément, Ce n’est pas la gloire, mais bon. J’espère maintenant avec votre aide de trouver un plan de montage pour ces voiles. J’ai déjà regardé beaucoup de photos de voiliers fini, mais ça ne m’aide pas assez pour finir ma maquette. Un plan, photographé (vu de face et vue en plan) comme sur le joint « print screen », me serait très utile.

Merci d’avance pour votre aideView attachment 358306
I cannot help with getting you plans but did have this

For making your sails realistic. On YouTube.

Screenshot_20230219-074446_Chrome.jpg

2805AB3E-589A-445F-84CE-5D56971DEC3A.jpeg72996FA9-F3BA-4237-A049-EFD2854E9501.jpeg766EEC76-8D7E-4BCB-B9BC-DF9EF86F5842.jpegBonjour,

Bonjour,

Hello
I don’t know if this will help but I enclose what I have
Good luck
Regards John

Hallo @Ynokri
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back