Billing Boats BB706 Winston Churchill 1:75 scale wooden ship model speed build YouTube

Hi Ship builders,
This is a time-lapse video of the Billing Boats BB706 Winston Churchill 1:75 scale wooden ship model build.
I started building on September 09, 2022 and finished October 22, 2022.
The model kit I built was an older version which I picked up from a moving sale.

Please take a look. Hopefully you enjoy the video. Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Thank you very much, Jim. Still a long way to go and learn.
not only the skills to build models but in video editing\production! BTW, I am building models for a long time, but still learning...Both of us are at the right place. Members here are eager to help and share their knowledge, not for free, they exchange it for fun!!! :cool: Are you having fun today?!!!!!

not only the skills to build models but in video editing\production! BTW, I am building models for a long time, but still learning...Both of us are at the right place. Members here are eager to help and share their knowledge, not for free, they exchange it for fun!!! :cool: Are you having fun today?!!!!!
Absolutely! Jim.
The SOS website is like a ship model building library to me.

Very good model shown in a very good video. Bravo

Hi Ship builders,
This is a time-lapse video of the Billing Boats BB706 Winston Churchill 1:75 scale wooden ship model build.
I started building on September 09, 2022 and finished October 22, 2022.
The model kit I built was an older version which I picked up from a moving sale.

Please take a look. Hopefully you enjoy the video. Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Great video! This was the first wooden model ship kit that I built but it took me a (embarrassing) number of years to complete! I built the model for my wife who sailed on it and her sister ship the Malcolm Miller as a teenager when they were part of the Sail Training Association Bosham (STOAB - hence the mast flags).

Dom

Great video! This was the first wooden model ship kit that I built but it took me a (embarrassing) number of years to complete! I built the model for my wife who sailed on it and her sister ship the Malcolm Miller as a teenager when they were part of the Sail Training Association Bosham (STOAB - hence the mast flags).

Dom
Thank you, Dom.
Wow, what a great gift idea!
It must be great life experience and memories sailing on the yachts.

Edward.
Purchased this kit about 2 months ago. I had been looking at the dreadful instructions trying to get up courage to make a start. So it was great to see your video. Hope somehow I can work how to save it for future reference.
My instructions say to build the hull in two haves. I think l will do this.
My background has been in building model aircraft. But at 82 I find I have just about outdone the flying bit.
Thanks again for the video

Edward.
Purchased this kit about 2 months ago. I had been looking at the dreadful instructions trying to get up courage to make a start. So it was great to see your video. Hope somehow I can work how to save it for future reference.
My instructions say to build the hull in two haves. I think l will do this.
My background has been in building model aircraft. But at 82 I find I have just about outdone the flying bit.
Thanks again for the video
Hi Brodieana,
It is my pleasure that my video can help you. I agree that the billing boats instructions can be better and clearer for most of their kits. However, once you start it, you will figure it out. There is no right and wrong in the model building, it is all about the process, I believe.

The video will be always available on YouTube. It has timestamps in the descriptions which can help you to navigate to certain phase of the building. You can also download it from YouTube directly (the download button) or third-party website to download the video.

Good luck building. Hope to see your finished model soon.

Back