Bandsaw blades

Hello everyone, I just recently bought the Rikon 10 inch Deluxe Bandsaw & was wondering if anyone could recommend blades for this saw , I keep breaking blades but it's not the tension, I have seen different thickness blades most are 0.025 thick and those seem to break, I guess I'm looking for a thinner blade for the 10 inch diameter wheel, I'm welcome to suggestions, thanks

Yes, I will have to experiment with tension and blades, I was trying to stay away from Timberwolf they are kind of expensive but maybe they will work because of the silicone steal is softer , I will give them a shot .. thanks

Yes, I will have to experiment with tension and blades, I was trying to stay away from Timberwolf they are kind of expensive but maybe they will work because of the silicone steal is softer , I will give them a shot .. thanks
Timberwolf blades are low-tension blades. You tensio the blade just until the flutter stops. And read up on number of teeth, rake, gullets too....

where do the blades break at the weld or random along the blade?
at the weld the fault of the blade at random it is the saw
for a while i was breaking blades all the time. Finally i figured out it is not the blade it was the saw being out of tune. So i watched a bunch of you tube videos on how to adjust and tune up you saw. I have not broken a blade since.

One at the weld and two random , brand new saw with Carter blade stabilizer, and I detention the blade when not using, I will keep experimenting . Thanks

What brand and size blades have you been using? The smaller bandsaws use smaller wheels which could be causing too much stress in the metal which would break. I agree using a quality blade and tuning the bandsaw does work.

I use Lennox, Timberwolf, Olsen and some 5/8" wide industrial, carbide-tipped blades for resawing. I use a tension release (Carter) when not in use.

What brand and size blades have you been using? The smaller bandsaws use smaller wheels which could be causing too much stress in the metal which would break. I agree using a quality blade and tuning the bandsaw does work.
I've been using olson and I tried Carter blades, it's a 10 inch diameter wheel, I've been doing research on blades and the thickness of them , the one that came on it is 0.0.022 thick x 3/8 wide and is very flexible, but all I can find is 0.025 thick and those are much stiffer, and the stress of the tight 10 inch bend is breaking them , was wondering if anyone made thinner blades at different widths, thanks

I found an article some time ago that recommended adjusting the upper wheel to be exactly parallel to the lower wheel. Attached is a copy of that article. It helped improve the operation of my band saw a great deal.
Happy Modeling.
Steven

Attachments

• Coplanar Bandsaw Wheels.pdf
    162.1 KB · Views: 19
i have a Makita 16 in with 2.5 in blade( could not find a replacement) and had to retrofit it to a .5 in blade and broke many blade before i found out carter set up no drift no wonder .

Hello everyone, I just recently bought the Rikon 10 inch Deluxe Bandsaw & was wondering if anyone could recommend blades for this saw , I keep breaking blades but it's not the tension, I have seen different thickness blades most are 0.025 thick and those seem to break, I guess I'm looking for a thinner blade for the 10 inch diameter wheel, I'm welcome to suggestions, thanks
I also have a Rikon and I found this video very helpful in properly setting up the saw and have not had any problems.

I use these ones here which are long lasting and suitable for a wide range of materials. The key thing here is selecting the correct size blade.

Back