Are there any Long Island, New York wooden model ship clubs in Nassau county ?

I know there was one model ship club here in Nassau County, Long Island, NY. but last time I went to was over 15 years ago at a library. i was wondering if there were any clubs that survived the covid era. I would appreciate if someone can direct me to a local club.
thank you very much!

The ShipCraft Guild of New York is still a functioning club. While we have been mostly ZOOM these past couple of years, we are moving back towards in-person meetings. We meet at our club President’s apartment in downtown Brooklyn. It’s not Nassau, I know, but it is a solid club with talented modelers, and a working professional modeler as our President

The ShipCraft Guild of New York is still a functioning club. While we have been mostly ZOOM these past couple of years, we are moving back towards in-person meetings. We meet at our club President’s apartment in downtown Brooklyn. It’s not Nassau, I know, but it is a solid club with talented modelers, and a working professional modeler as our President
That’s awesome how do I go about reaching out to them!
I belong to a few clubs for my very diverse selection in hobbies!
I belong to the Long Island Skyhawks, the Luftberry Modelers, both pertaining to Radio controlled model Aircraft! I did belong to the Long Island scale modelers club For Plastic models!
I’ve been building all kinds of models since I was 5 years old so that’s 55 years of some kind of modeling! My first ship was the
USS Constitution from Revell 1/96 scale, I was 10 years old fully rigged with those plastic sails! My back order just came in from Model Shipways!
I’m looking forward for further information on maybe joining the ship craft guild, if they are willing to have me come aboard!

image.jpg

Matter of fact, the Long Island Ship Model Society meets once a month at one of our member’s home in Huntington (bit east of Nassau; I live in Manhasset and it’s about a 20 minute drive for me). I’ve never posted here before but I guess you can PM me your email address and we can go from there.

Matter of fact, the Long Island Ship Model Society meets once a month at one of our member’s home in Huntington (bit east of Nassau; I live in Manhasset and it’s about a 20 minute drive for me). I’ve never posted here before but I guess you can PM me your email address and we can go from there.
THANKS !

Seems I have no clue how to receive a private message on this site (being quite complete computer illiterate). If you can figure out a way to get your email address to me I will send you details on our next meeting on June 5th.

Seems I have no clue how to receive a private message on this site (being quite complete computer illiterate). If you can figure out a way to get your email address to me I will send you details on our next meeting on June 5th.
top right corner there is a letter symbol , click on it!

Back