Ahoy, shipmates

Hello all

Just found this place having not realised there was a forum just for ship modellers. We seem to be a poor relation on most model-building sites along with figure modellers.

I've never built a wooden ship model but maybe one day. I last completed a plastic sailing ship model in 1982 (Airfix 1/144 Revenge - actually the Elizabeth Jonas, but there it is). I abandoned an incomplete Airfix Royal Sovereign in 1995 as the WIP got smashed up so many times but I now have the Victory (Inaccurate bows but it is what it is) and Great Western, so two to get to grips with. I have fond memories of the Victory because my older brother, now deceased, brought one back from a family visit to her in 1975. He did a fine job of it for a 13-year-old and displayed it with pride for years in his bedroom. I contented myself with the 1/600 version...

Looking forward to picking the brains and gasping at the skills of the shipmates round here....

Welcome and enjoy yourself here. Take time to look around at many helpful topics and read the build logs and posts on all kinds of kits that get posted here.

I like you profile name, being an old aviation buff, I recognize the name.

If you want to let people know where your from you can add a location in your profile that shows in messages you post. Just click on your profile name on top right and you will see entry called "account details" where you can add location info to help others know where your from, never know when someone may be near you if you need help or just want to chat about the hobbie.

Back