Ahoy - Late 18th century sailing game

Fantastic details and realistic - WOW
Please keep us informed in a regular basis - amazing what you design
I am looking forward to see much more of your work - especially the Coureur but all other ships etc.
Hello Uwe!

We're getting ready to start sharing our progress on Coureur. I wondered if there was a particular format to follow for these build log threads, or if indeed we should wait until the group build begins in earnest?

Many thanks,
Tyler

I took the time to visit the website and read much of it. The team has a tremendous plan in mind in terms of how the game will work. The digital imagery is very good if not fantastic as the details are crisp and sharp. I'm looking forward to the games launch. What is the expected date of its release?

Ahoy folks, Tyler from Capstan Games here.

I've been a long-time lurker of these forums and really love the passion people bring to the art of model ship building. I have to admit, that while I share your passion for the subject material, I've never been successful in sitting still long enough to assemble one of the fabulous kits myself. I did get lucky enough to purchase someone's lovely model of HMS Diana (1794), which is now my pride and joy.

Instead, we've been undertaking the difficult task of bringing this history to life digitally. I founded Capstan Games back in 2021, with the intention of building a games company who's focus was on creating historically accurate video game experiences which could be both entertaining to play, but also and importantly, educational to play!

The maritime history of this period is so rich in stories and lost skills that we've felt it imperative to preserve digitally for future generations to learn about and experience first hand.

With that in mind I'd love to share with you a preview of our digital reconstruction (made by Loïc Derrien) of His Majesty's Brig Speedy, the inspiration for O'Brian's Sophie, and our first planned ship for our game - Ahoy:

Additionally, we're not just recreating the ships of this time, but also the locations! The game takes place in the West Indies around the year 1780. The first location we've reconstructed based on original maps and building plans from the time is Port Royal, Jamaica:

I thought this might be of interest to some folks here, and we'd love to broaden access to video games as a form of entertainment for new audiences who might not have explored them in the past on account of the focuses on modern warfare, orcs, goblins and of course the Fortnite dances.

We're keen to bring historical accuracy to the forefront and hope you can find some enjoyment in our digital reconstructions. Work is being done to bring HMS Pandora (1779), French ship Tapageur (1779), HMS Pegasus (1776), and French lugger Coureur (1776) to life in much the same way as you see here with Speedy.

If you would like to learn more about our efforts, you can find a lot more information on our website:

(P.S. Moderators, feel free to remove that link if it's against policy!)

All the best,

Tyler @ Capstan Games
Hallo @Tylru
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back