Ahoi everybody!

I am modeling since my childhood, starting with Airfix airplanes in 1/72. Until now I finished two FOB ships. The first called "Three Brothers" , an American slaver as a teaser, 2nd one HMS Serapis. Don´t know the manufactorer anymore, a kit with many flaws.
But many years have passed since I finished my last model. In the meanwhile I did some tinplate railroading and collecting (still doing) and some other hobbies more.
I have to prepare my retirement in some years !
Browsing your site, the appetite for ship modelling returned ;)
I am very interested in builing the Alert by Tridend models and I keenly observe the discussions going on.
I am from Austria, therefore my nick "Gebirgsmarine (Mountain navy) as we dont have a navy since 1918, except some small military motorboats on river Danube :)

Best wishes to all of you!
Christian

Hallo Christian,
I am very happy, that one more Austrian joined our forum, therefore
a very warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.
The Serapis was I think from Aeropiccola - I have the kit also laying somewhere around and never started - Now I got from you the explanation why I never started.
If you are interested in the Alert, we can easily add your name to the list of interested members, so you will get the chance to buy this kit and afterwards you could participate in our group build.
Wirklich schön dass du uns gefunden hast.
BTW: Where in Austria are you located? I am in Vienna living

Hallo Uwe,
I am living in the Traunviertel, south of Linz, but was born in Vienna.
Yes, Serapis was from Aeropiccola, now I remember! According to the plans for the Roebuck class from the NMM, the model is competley out of scale.
That´s why no scale was given with the kit :) .
Please add my name to the list!
LG
Christian

Dear Christian
Welcome aboard :) Thumbsup
I'm glad you joined us! :):)
This is a group of qualifying people who are ready to help and share their knowledge, all this with a smile and a great desire.
Austria and the capital Vienna, are very beautiful places with lovely people willing to help and guide the visiting tourists happily.
Good luck with your return to our hobby and with the process of preparing for retirement. it's worth getting ready for thatimportant stage.
The Alert is a good return point for shipbuilding, I recommend you sign up and order.
We would love to see pictures of the works / models you have already built.

Hallo Uwe,
I am living in the Traunviertel, south of Linz, but was born in Vienna.
Yes, Serapis was from Aeropiccola, now I remember! According to the plans for the Roebuck class from the NMM, the model is competley out of scale.
That´s why no scale was given with the kit :) .
Please add my name to the list!
LG
Christian
Hallo Christian,
you are added now to the list

Dear Christian
Welcome aboard :) Thumbsup
I'm glad you joined us! :):)
This is a group of qualifying people who are ready to help and share their knowledge, all this with a smile and a great desire.
Austria and the capital Vienna, are very beautiful places with lovely people willing to help and guide the visiting tourists happily.
Good luck with your return to our hobby and with the process of preparing for retirement. it's worth getting ready for thatimportant stage.
The Alert is a good return point for shipbuilding, I recommend you sign up and order.
We would love to see pictures of the works / models you have already built.
Thank you for the warm welcome!
Unfortunately i have no pics of my models. I gave them away as gifts and never made a documantary.
But I will make some of the Alert! I am on the list!
LG
Christian

Back