About Me

Hello Everyone!! I am being strongly encouraged to be filling out this section, so here goes.

My name is Brian, and I live in Denver, CO.

Like many people on this site, I am also on some other model ship building sites. Right now, I am just on here doing so research in getting closer to restarting my current model ship project.

Hey Brian,
Welcome aboard from me as well. I live in Aurora CO :)
in case you are not aware, there is a local wood ship model club here in Denver. We meet once a month on the 3rd Saturday of the month and we have a workshop on the 1st Saturday of the month. We just had a meeting this past Saturday. If you are interested, I'm glad to get you more information.

Hello Everyone!! I am being strongly encouraged to be filling out this section, so here goes.

My name is Brian, and I live in Denver, CO.

Like many people on this site, I am also on some other model ship building sites. Right now, I am just on here doing so research in getting closer to restarting my current model ship project.
Hallo Brian,
a warm welcome here on board of our forum also from my side
Maybe you tell us, on which currect project you are working?

Hey Brian,
Welcome aboard from me as well. I live in Aurora CO :)
in case you are not aware, there is a local wood ship model club here in Denver. We meet once a month on the 3rd Saturday of the month and we have a workshop on the 1st Saturday of the month. We just had a meeting this past Saturday. If you are interested, I'm glad to get you more information.
I am very familiar with that group, The Rocky Mountain Shipwrights, and in fact I am a member with that club. Unfortunately because of my work schedule, they always are now scheduling me on Saturdays, I am unable to attend any of the meetings at this time. I appreciate the welcome, as someone really close in proximity to me.

Hallo Brian,
a warm welcome here on board of our forum also from my side
Maybe you tell us, on which current project you are working?
The project that I am working on is the Brig Eagle from 1814. My model will be in 1:48 scale. Made the keel and a few ribs, but have decided to restart with keel after some parts broke off as well as not accurately making other pieces. Saw a starter blog about that ship on here, and still researching a few things while waiting for new shipments of lumber to arrive.

The project that I am working on is the Brig Eagle from 1814. My model will be in 1:48 scale. Made the keel and a few ribs, but have decided to restart with keel after some parts broke off as well as not accurately making other pieces. Saw a starter blog about that ship on here, and still researching a few things while waiting for new shipments of lumber to arrive.
This sounds very interesting - so you make Plank On Frame version in scratch - hope to see in future some more about your progress, so maybe you could start a building log in the scratch area

Hello and welcome, Interesting topic I would be equally happy to see a construction log.
Thank you for the kind words. It will be a while longer before anything new happens. I have a shipment of new lumber in transit and hopefully will be here by Christmas or shortly afterwards, depending on how backed up the Post-Office here is. I am also looking at getting myself a decent table saw, probably a Byrnes, which I wouldn't be able to get likely unless get a refund from the IRS on my taxes.

I am very familiar with that group, The Rocky Mountain Shipwrights, and in fact I am a member with that club. Unfortunately because of my work schedule, they always are now scheduling me on Saturdays, I am unable to attend any of the meetings at this time. I appreciate the welcome, as someone really close in proximity to me.
I understand. Hopefully we can get you back to the meetings soon. :) In the meantime, there is plenty of great people here !

Welcome. I'm very interested in seeing your progress on the Eagle. Id like to build her sometime too.

Back