A Rope-walk build by mleonc

As I promised, here I share a video uploaded to Youtube, where both the construction process and the operation of the rope-walk machine are shown. I've made two popes, each consisting of three cotton threads, one white and the other black. In the video, it can be seen how the threads have been previously coated with beeswax. I hope you like it, at least the background music. Greetings to all.

Hi,
As I mentioned, they are very precise motors, and due to this type of parallel setup, the rotation is the same in all five motors.
You can test that. Just put the hooks in the same direction and start the machine. If you stop the machine, the hooks must be all in the same direction. If not then you can make the conclusion they don't turn all in the same speed.

You can test that. Just put the hooks in the same direction and start the machine. If you stop the machine, the hooks must be all in the same direction. If not then you can make the conclusion they don't turn all in the same speed.
I have conducted the test, but in reverse of what you mentioned. That is to say, when connected in parallel, if you manually rotate one motor, it generates a continuous electric current that activates the other four motors, causing them to rotate at an angle exactly equal to the angle you manually rotated the motor. I can assure you that the movement is synchronous.

As I promised, here I share a video uploaded to Youtube, where both the construction process and the operation of the rope-walk machine are shown. I've made two popes, each consisting of three cotton threads, one white and the other black. In the video, it can be seen how the threads have been previously coated with beeswax. I hope you like it, at least the background music. Greetings to all.

Fantastic, congratulations !
How do you accurately determine line diameters ?

Hi, I think I have some bibliography on the subject, I'll look for it and if I find it, I'll share it. In my case, I start with different rope diameters and conduct tests with different configurations (2, 3, 4 rope and with or without a central thread), that way I have a sample collection."

Hi, "A promise is a debt. "Here I leave you a PDF of what I have, I hope it is of your interest. Regards (saludos).

Attachments

• WIRE AND FIBER ROPE AND RIGGING - Naval Ships’ Technical Manual.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Back