3D models for resin printing

Hello,

My wife has finally convinced me to sell my 3D models for printing.
Her argument is that these models will disappear forever in my pc the day I leave. With the dollars I earn, she'll buy flowers and I'll buy printable resin.

I'm selling them on an American site where I've been selling models of moderns boats for computer-generated images for a long time.

The site is called Turbosquid:

On this site, files of modern boats and aircraft are not intended for 3D printing. Only for computer-generated images.

Later I'll put up the Gribeauval and Le Croisic cannons and various other things.

Bernard

They are gorgeous, but as you say, not intended for 3D printing. Yet they apparently have been, based on the photos. I'm not really into the art world, where illustrations like this could be appreciated, but wonder why go through all the work and NOT make them usable for 3D printing?

They are gorgeous, but as you say, not intended for 3D printing. Yet they apparently have been, based on the photos. I'm not really into the art world, where illustrations like this could be appreciated, but wonder why go through all the work and NOT make them usable for 3D printing?
Hello,

I designed these models over 10 years ago.
Back then, 3D printers didn't exist.
These models of gray boats were made for films or computer-generated images.
The objects have no thickness, and certain details are only visible when the images are rendered. These are opacity, bump and other textures.
They can, of course, be modified to make them printable, but this will require a fair amount of complex work.

Bernard

Good morning Bernard, beautiful figures you offer for sale. I see that you have the L'AMARANTE figurehead and stern lamp for sale. One question, do you also do commissioned work?

Hello Tobias.

I draw only for my pleasure, I am retired and I do not want to give me constraints. I sometimes draw objects for colleagues but only because the object is new or interests me because I find it beautiful.
So in conclusion, I can draw, depending on the project.

Bernard

Hello Tobias.

I draw only for my pleasure, I am retired and I do not want to give me constraints. I sometimes draw objects for colleagues but only because the object is new or interests me because I find it beautiful.
So in conclusion, I can draw, depending on the project.

Bernard
I know that feeling. I have released several CAD models on grabcad of subjects I have worked on because I was simply interested in them. Then some other enthusiasts wants to know if I can do this or that. And I have found the attitude you have to be critical to your own sanity. While many of their requests are interesting and something I might even want to explore, I just have to say no or I will stop enjoying doing the stuff I do for myself.

Bonjour

Ma femme m’a finalement convaincu de vendre mes modèles 3D pour l’impression.
Son argument est que ces modèles disparaîtront à jamais dans mon pc le jour de mon départ. Avec l’argent que je gagne, elle achètera des fleurs et j’achèterai de la résine imprimable.

Je les vends sur un site américain où je vends depuis longtemps des maquettes de bateaux modernes pour des images de synthèse.

Le site s’appelle Turbosquid :

Sur ce site, les fichiers de bateaux et d’avions modernes ne sont pas destinés à l’impression 3D. Uniquement pour les images de synthèse.

Plus tard, j’installerai les canons de Gribeauval et du Croisic et d’autres choses.

Bernard

Bonjour

Ma femme m’a finalement convaincu de vendre mes modèles 3D pour l’impression.
Son argument est que ces modèles disparaîtront à jamais dans mon pc le jour de mon départ. Avec l’argent que je gagne, elle achètera des fleurs et j’achèterai de la résine imprimable.

Je les vends sur un site américain où je vends depuis longtemps des maquettes de bateaux modernes pour des images de synthèse.

Le site s’appelle Turbosquid :

Sur ce site, les fichiers de bateaux et d’avions modernes ne sont pas destinés à l’impression 3D. Uniquement pour les images de synthèse.

Plus tard, j’installerai les canons de Gribeauval et du Croisic et d’autres choses.

Bernard

Back