1971 HMS Victdory Instruction manual needed

I have a kit for the Sergal Mantua 1:78 Art. 782 HMS Victory.
I have all the drawings (dated 1971). I am missing the instruction
manual. I have two more recent versions but they are substantially
different from the old kit. Does anyone out there have the
earlier version that I could obtain either by PDF or photocopy?
Photo of the box is attached.

Thank you.

Photo-HMS Victory Box-2.jpg

no manual its really bad - You should have the Plans - work from those
Down load Victory - three vmanuals from Caldercraft/ Jotika site and use Longridge Anatomy of Nelsons Ships

I build it 40 years ago Instruction Manual useless

I think this is the manual you are looking for--the box looks exactly the same. Let me know if you need me to fill in any fuzzy bits.

For a Mantua Sergal kit, I found the plans and certainly this booklet to be quite useful. The instructions include a lot of detail about the ship and also provide some alternate suggestions for making the build more realistic. It also has a lot of practical advice about some basic ship building techniques.

I enjoyed building this Victory--the biggest challenge I found was with the stern metalwork--make sure you test fit it as you are building the stern structure so there are no gaps at the corners. Also, the boats aren't well designed--the front most frames are too far forward and as a result the bows of the boats are too round if you build them as provided. It's a good idea to move the notches for the frames back a bit so that the bows of the boats are more pointed.

Hope you enjoy the build as much as I did.

Attachments

• Victory Manual.pdf
    8.4 MB · Views: 56
I think this is the manual you are looking for--the box looks exactly the same. Let me know if you need me to fill in any fuzzy bits.

For a Mantua Sergal kit, I found the plans and certainly this booklet to be quite useful. The instructions include a lot of detail about the ship and also provide some alternate suggestions for making the build more realistic. It also has a lot of practical advice about some basic ship building techniques.

I enjoyed building this Victory--the biggest challenge I found was with the stern metalwork--make sure you test fit it as you are building the stern structure so there are no gaps at the corners. Also, the boats aren't well designed--the front most frames are too far forward and as a result the bows of the boats are too round if you build them as provided. It's a good idea to move the notches for the frames back a bit so that the bows of the boats are more pointed.

Hope you enjoy the build as much as I did.
Thank you so much. I have been looking for this for 5 months!
I even went so far as to buy a second kit (partially assembled) off of ebay so I could get a manual and a few extra parts (I think I am missing some).
It has not arrived yet and I don't even know if there is a manual with it. Quite a journey!

Thank you so much. I have been looking for this for 5 months!
I even went so far as to buy a second kit (partially assembled) off of ebay so I could get a manual and a few extra parts (I think I am missing some).
It has not arrived yet and I don't even know if there is a manual with it. Quite a journey!
Glad I could help! Good luck!

Back