Hms Investigator, 1800, 1/48 scale built by neptune from plans by Robert Sexton.

This Forum is all about building your ship from pure scratch, with the aid of plans, or even heavy modification or kit bashing. All can be found here.

Moderator: zoly99sask

neptune
Petty Officer First Class

Re: Hms Investigator, 1800, 1/48 scale built by neptune from plans by Robert Sexton.

Post by neptune » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:39 am

Well thats all my build logs up to date with all photos re posted,

best regards John.

Canoe21

Re: Hms Investigator, 1800, 1/48 scale built by neptune from plans by Robert Sexton.

Post by Canoe21 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:30 am

Hello John

Just catching up on your build log, Fantastic work for sure you never fail to amaze me with all of your shipbuilding skills. You sure do have an act for being able to approach anything and being able to come out with such great results. May I ask what and how you used to build the upper part of your gun pory hinges, they do look so neet. I do congratulate you on your very fine build on your HMS Investigator along with the very fine case that she lives in. Your lost sailor's side build is also fantastic with great imagination and the skills to put it all together along with its own case, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence
canoe21 { Lawrence }

PRESENT BUILD - viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1221 - GOLDEN HIND< Harold A. Underhill build plans, scale 1:60

Completed Build viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1172 HMS Bounty, scratch build, scale 1:60, using Amati build plans

neptune

Post by neptune » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:39 am

Thank you Lawrence you are overly kind in your comments.
From what I can remember, I used brass wire through the top of the hinge strap and bent it into a U shape and glued it into holes drilled over the top of the gun port, hope this helps you Lawrence,

best regards John.

Canoe21

Post by Canoe21 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:25 pm

neptune wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:39 am
Thank you Lawrence you are overly kind in your comments.
From what I can remember, I used brass wire through the top of the hinge strap and bent it into a U shape and glued it into holes drilled over the top of the gun port, hope this helps you Lawrence,

best regards John.
Hello John

I do thank you for your information, I am sure it will come in handy. ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence
canoe21 { Lawrence }

PRESENT BUILD - viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1221 - GOLDEN HIND< Harold A. Underhill build plans, scale 1:60

Completed Build viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1172 HMS Bounty, scratch build, scale 1:60, using Amati build plans

Return to “SOS Build Logs Scratch or from Plans”