HMS Victory scale 1:78

This Build Log Section is for Wood Ships. Enter your Build Log here. It is advisable for others to follow your Build Log to start your post such as "Build Log: HMS Ship name"

Moderator: zoly99sask

JoeF
Seaman
Seaman

HMS Victory scale 1:78

Postby JoeF » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:07 am

Hi I am new to the forum and I need some help. I have two sheet plans No 1 and 2 for the Keel, bulheads and deck. After cutting all the pieces and assemble them as shown in the photos, now I am stuck as I do not have the plan No 3 for the other decks and the stern gallery. Can someone help me to continue on this project?
Attachments
Hull 001a.jpg
Hull 001a.jpg (77.11 KiB) Viewed 560 times
hull 003a.jpg
hull 003a.jpg (98.7 KiB) Viewed 560 times
DaveC
Petty Officer Second Class

Re: HMS Victory scale 1:78

Postby DaveC » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:34 am

Joe, it looks good so far. Welcome to the forum.

You do not mention who manufactured the kit. I am assuming you purchased the kit new and all the sheets were not present. Actually, I am assuming it is a kit.
Have you considered contacting the manufacturer and asking for the missing sheets?
If this does not work for you, you can contact LAUCK STREET SHIPYARD. Mr. Hunt carries practicums for pretty much any ship you want to build. He carries a practicum for the Panart kit of the Victory. Perhaps they could help you. There is also Hyde Street Pier Model Shipwrights: That would be valued member of this forum, hope you don't mind my name tossing here, Mr. Clare Hess.
It's a perk of being famous! :grin:

Out of these suggestions...my first choice would be to contact the manufacturer. These companies are pretty good about working with their customers.

This is pretty much the extent of my knowledge. Not sure if I have helped much. In this forum, there are some very knowledgeable members. Perhaps another member can give you better suggestions.

Dave
Seattle
Sometimes it's necessary to go a long distance out of the way in order to come back a short distance correctly.
JoeF
Seaman
Seaman

Postby JoeF » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:30 am

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your comment. I am building the HMS Victory from plans and I think that I have 2 sheets of the plans missing. I do not know how many sheets the set of plans consists. I require these plans to have the correct size of the decks.
DaveC

Postby DaveC » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:41 am

Joe, sorry about assuming it was a kit. But, the post is in the kit forum. But is, I now notice, in the scratch build forum also.

Again, I do not know who you got the practicums through, but you might try contacting them. There is also, the two other sources I mentioned.

May you have the wind at your back, in all your endeavors. Except when hunting.

Dave
Seattle
Sometimes it's necessary to go a long distance out of the way in order to come back a short distance correctly.
JoeF
Seaman
Seaman

Postby JoeF » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:47 am

Thanks Dave

Return to “SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood”