Don's Santisima Trinidad by OcCre

This Build Log Section is for Wood Ships. Enter your Build Log here. It is advisable for others to follow your Build Log to start your post such as "Build Log: HMS Ship name"
donlong
Petty Officer Second Class

Re: Don's Santisima Trinidad by OcCre

Postby donlong » Fri May 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Edwin,

Thanks for your support and prayers.

Don
Current Build: Santisima Trinidad
Next in Line: HMS Victory
donlong

Re: Don's Santisima Trinidad by OcCre

Postby donlong » Fri May 01, 2015 2:19 pm

Donnie,

Thanks for your thoughts. The problem with the pills is they mask any new problems. I have to do daily self examines on my feet now to make sure nothing additional is going wrong with them. While it is not good to be in pain all the time, I at least know when something new pops up. I don't know that there will be any improvements for me. The neuropathy has gotten worse over the past 10 months. So all I can do is deal with it. I have heard of one drug that allows the nerves to regenerate BUT some of the side affects can potentially screw up my heart and the diabetes. Two things I already have problems with.

To add to my problems, the VA has become a real issue in approving my claim. I spent months developing what is called a Fully Developed Claim only to have them lose part of it after I turned it in. Fortunate for me I had anticipated something like this and had multiple copies of the report made. So I turned in a second complete copy of it. My next step will be to contact Senator John McCain if this keeps up. He is very strong on correcting the problems with the VA, especially in Arizona.

I miss working on the ST. It was the one thing I had really set my sites on doing in my "golden years". I am going to give her a try again but I am not sure how successful I will be. One thing for sure, it will be slow going.

Well gotta go.

Don
Current Build: Santisima Trinidad
Next in Line: HMS Victory

Return to “SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood”