Sovereign of the Seas by Mantua

This Build Log Section is for Wood Ships. Enter your Build Log here. It is advisable for others to follow your Build Log to start your post such as "Build Log: HMS Ship name"

Moderators: Aussie048, zoly99sask

likenew
Petty Officer Second Class

Re: Sovereign of the Seas by Mantua

Post by likenew » Sat May 11, 2013 11:22 pm

I have to find a way to put a backdrop to remove the background. But I am afraid to move it. Maby I should leave the backgrounds so you can't see the mistakes.
Joe

cog

Post by cog » Sun May 12, 2013 5:07 am

Rigging looks very, very good!
Cheers,
Carl

Current build:
Kit
Dolphyn - Corel

Scratch
Sea Witch

Next build: (on the shelf) Arno XI

likenew

Post by likenew » Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 am

I have to try and figure out a way to get a backdrop so that I can cut out everything else in the area. That may be a good idea but may show off some of the mistakes :)

Thanks for all the kind words.

Joe

Donnie
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Donnie » Mon May 13, 2013 8:48 am

Joe,
I am assuming that you mean that you want to try and eliminate the other items on your work area so your ship would be the main focus? If this is the case, then sometimes I am hard pressed and do not feel like moving my ship into my "shot box" - so therefore, what I do is I take a piece of www.foamcore.com about 2 foot square and hold that piece in a manner that blocks out the things that you do not want to be in the picture. You can even slightly lift your ship enough to slide the foam core underneath too. I think I have a few pieces laying around that are diff sizes. The foam core that I get comes in like a 4 foot square section.
Current Build: Panart San Felipe 1:75
Completed Build: Santisima Trinidad

Main SOS Site: Ships of Scale Website

"War Ships are safe at harbor, but that is not what they were made for"

carlosys
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by carlosys » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:12 am

Hi
Looks beautiful. I looking forward to watching the rest of the build although there is little
:greetings-clapyellow:

Regards
Carlosys Ship Modeling________________________________________________________________________
Completed:J.S. Elcano | Diorama Bote Auxiliar Nepo | Frigate Diana | King of Mississippi | Bot de Llum
Current build: San Felipe 1690 de Panart

edmay

Post by edmay » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Hello Joe,A beautiful modeling job for sure ,(an artist at work),this model is in the closet,trying to learn a little more,will follow, What color blue and make did you use,if you don"t mind me asking.Edwinhttp://www.shipsofscale.com/phpBB3/posting.php ... f=52&t=362#

likenew

Post by likenew » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi Ed. There is a paint set for the Sovereign but pretty pricy. I took the building book and went to Dunn Edwards paint and matched the as close as I could. You could probably do the same at Lowes or Home Depot. I have not worked on it for a while because it is way too hot in my garage, summers in Arizona. Feel free to ask anything, I am not as good as others but have been around the block a few times. Welcome to the forum.

edmay

Post by edmay » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Hello Joe,many thanks for the info on paints,I know a paint store owner I"ll see what he suggests,have to shop around a little as the freight charges from model expo are a little high and now there is a new import tax.Secondly don"t be to critical of yourself,the SoS looks excellent,neat and you ought to be proud,well done,glad to know you. Edwin.http://www.shipsofscale.com/phpBB3/post ... f=52&t=362#

popeye

Post by popeye » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:11 pm

very nice work Joe........the ship looks beautiful! the rigging looks superb as well ;)

Return to “SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood”