San Felipe 1690 - Panart

This Build Log Section is for Wood Ships. Enter your Build Log here. It is advisable for others to follow your Build Log to start your post such as "Build Log: HMS Ship name"

Moderators: Aussie048, zoly99sask

cog
Petty Officer Second Class
Petty Officer Second Class

Re: San Felipe 1690 - Panart

Post by cog » Sun May 05, 2013 6:05 am

As you, I haven't been around lately, due to personal circumstances. However, you have made some major advancement. I like the way you did your decks - have to keep that one in mind - and also the method for the gun ports.
Cheers,
Carl

Current build:
Kit
Dolphyn - Corel

Scratch
Sea Witch

Next build: (on the shelf) Arno XI

Donnie
Senoir Chief Petty Officer

Post by Donnie » Fri May 10, 2013 2:11 pm

Eccellent method of layout on the Gun Ports, etc. Very nice progress - some really good workmanship here !!! :greetings-clapyellow:
Donnie
Current Build: Panart San Felipe 1:75
Completed Build: Santisima Trinidad

Main SOS Site: Ships of Scale Website

"War Ships are safe at harbor, but that is not what they were made for"

carlosys
Seaman
Seaman

Post by carlosys » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Thank you very much to all for your comments :text-thankyouyellow:

Apologize for the last few weeks of absence. I've been (and I) quite busy at the gigs and I can not devote many hours these days.
I started with the gun ports port and the idea was to let these facts loopholes frames with some "depth" to make it look once painted the effect of "bulk" of the hull, since the wall at that point is only 1 , 5mm.
The problem begins in the implementation of these frameworks. I tried 1mm (too thin), 2mm (too thick) .. I made a template, mold, etc ... but were not exactly the same.

The idea is to make a square tube frames far and go mode cutting slices. In this way, everyone is equal and then with the second liner, dissimulation possible defects in the pocket.
Now I only doubt what color I paint the frame ... red, walnut, etc ...

With picture is clearer but not much mystery.

This is what you need to get

The wood that will square tube and gluing process. This helped me a aluminum profile measures slightly smaller, but perfectly aligns the slats.

With the circular saw (gift :) ) cut the "slices" of the gun ports

Here the first of 13x11 port side. Those that are not done yet deck the area that are somewhat larger.

Simulation second plank

Regards
Carlosys Ship Modeling________________________________________________________________________
Completed:J.S. Elcano | Diorama Bote Auxiliar Nepo | Frigate Diana | King of Mississippi | Bot de Llum
Current build: San Felipe 1690 de Panart

edmay
Petty Officer Third Class
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by edmay » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:19 am

Hello Carlos,I will be getting this model soon,and will follow your log in a third row seat if you do not mind,your Felipe is neatly built,good photo"s and clearly explained,the method used for your gunports is brilliant,thank you for the learning.Happy modeling . Edwin .http://www.shipsofscale.com/phpBB3/post ... f=52&t=341#

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:37 pm

Carlos,
Now - that is some clean work done on those port frames ! Very nicely executed ! What kind of table saw ?

Donnie
Donnie

carlosys
Seaman
Seaman

Post by carlosys » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:48 am

Donnie wrote:Carlos,
Now - that is some clean work done on those port frames ! Very nicely executed ! What kind of table saw ?

Donnie
Thanks Donnie. The table saw is very simple. The PROXXONKS-230

Regards
Carlosys Ship Modeling________________________________________________________________________
Completed:J.S. Elcano | Diorama Bote Auxiliar Nepo | Frigate Diana | King of Mississippi | Bot de Llum

carlosys
Seaman
Seaman

Post by carlosys » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:51 am

Hello
We continue with the gun ports.

To make things easier, once the plant properly located in the town, proceed to mark in a "dirty" various loopholes to get dirty location, but quite real.

The next step is to take measurements of the shafts and start drawing each of the 49 pockets ... but to make things easier, we will abuse the technology.
First with autocad do I serve matrix template and then print it on transparent paper adhesive. This way, I save a lot of time.

So are restated the pockets. Now back to pull drill, cutter and patience ....

Regards

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:26 am

Excellent templates (using AutoCad I see). Very nice Carlos - I am jealous - I should have used the CAD to do my templates too. Fantastic idea there. (just kidding about the jealous part) :razz:

Donnie
Donnie

carlosys
Seaman
Seaman

Post by carlosys » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:05 am

Donnie wrote:Excellent templates (using AutoCad I see). Very nice Carlos - I am jealous - I should have used the CAD to do my templates too. Fantastic idea there. (just kidding about the jealous part) :razz:

Donnie
Thanks Donnie. I if I have jealous of your fantastic job with the Santísima Trinidad :D :D

Regards

carlosys
Seaman
Seaman

Post by carlosys » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:25 am

Hello
I finished the task of gun ports.
All gun ports tinted walnut.
Now looks like a ship to moles, haha

Detail tinted walnut gun port

I opted to make the second planking with 10 cm segments.
The idea is to do with that lining the gun ports within which in theory should fit the window. As I finish about half a millimeter before lined hollow gun port.

Regards

Return to “SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood”