The black pearl 1:41 Zhl

This Build Log Section is for Wood Ships. Enter your Build Log here. It is advisable for others to follow your Build Log to start your post such as "Build Log: HMS Ship name"

Moderators: Aussie048, zoly99sask

zoly99sask
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Re: The black pearl 1:41 Zhl

Post by zoly99sask » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:12 am

Hello Alysindria,I have got a question,does your friend have a set of plan for the ship,how is he building it?Most cases we use the plan to measure the dimensiens for anything goes on the ship.

Alysindria
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

Post by Alysindria » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi Zoltan :)

That's the thing... he is still expecting his model to come, plans and all, but I need to finish this before it arrives. It's also his first build ever, on his own, so he isn't quite sure about sizes. It left me to seek things online.

I found various plans of this ship online on a Japanese site and then on one Chinese page, I think. But where there's a lot of measurements for other things, planks, masts and similar, I can't find any for things like crates, barrels and other accessories, so to call them. And those are what I need so to be able to compare my own pieces.

So any help is highly appreciated :)

zoly99sask
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by zoly99sask » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:43 pm

I think is best if he waits for the kit and plans to arrive and than you have all the measurements.

Alysindria
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

Post by Alysindria » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:02 am

It would definitely be so. But due various problems I really can't explain right now (it has to do with my own timing and when I can make this for him), we need to do it now, sadly. Doesn't anyone know measures of simple crates or barrels included in 1:41 model? I need them just a guidelines...

Or even better, does a size of 2cm width seems to big for a liqueur cabinet? I divided a size of real one to 41 and this is what I got (actually, 2.2 cm, but I thought better to make it smaller, as mine is shorter than original too, etc.). I actually abhor work without firm measurements and am not a guessing, try it on luck, type. So it's really hard to work like this and if any help is appreciated.

eric61
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by eric61 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi Alysindria, if you send a PM to Frankberge, he should be able to give you the measurements you require. He hasn't posted since April and being summer in the northern hemisphere now I'd say he is making the most of it.
The following may be of some help.
Regards
Eric
Attachments
SCALES.pdf
(27.1 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Cook's Endeavour - current,
Sovereign of the Seas - current (deAgostini)
In queue: Marina II Fishing Boat by Artesania Latina
In queue: Mayflower by Model Shipways

Alysindria
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

Post by Alysindria » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:24 am

Hi :) Thanks so much. I'll definitely PM him and see if he can help. Thanks for pdf!

Frankberge
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by Frankberge » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:52 am

Hello everyone. I took a long break from the modeling hobby as i have been working on a home cinema room before the summer. So i had to put it away for a while. Then the summer came along!
Now its time for me to pick it up again.
I havent had the time to read all the questions about the measurments on the supplies on the black pearl.
When i come home from work i will take some measurments and read the questions.
But i think the scale on the supplies does not match the scale of the ship. It looks like the supplies probably are bigger than they should be.
But to me it looks nice anyway

Its a very late answer and you might already figured it out, but i will post it here anyway in case there are others that wants to know.

JosephH
Petty Officer First Class
Petty Officer First Class

Post by JosephH » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:06 am

welcome back Frank and yes everything dies down in the summer as people have projects to do while weathers good and kids to take care of not in school etc thats why I like fall and winter my self theres ppl around for us without all that stuff to do to talk to lol
Scale Model Design and Fabrication L.L.C.
http://www.proflooney.net

Peglegreg

Post by Peglegreg » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:05 pm

G'day Frank
Been wondering what has happened to you. I thought maybe you went to 'Davey's Jones Locker'.
:text-lol:
I, for one can't wait for you to restart this interesting model.
Havagooday mate
Greg
The only limitations that are on you, are the ones that you put on yourself!

zoly99sask
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by zoly99sask » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Hello Frank,I am looking forward to you continue this build.

Return to “SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood”