The black pearl 1:41 Zhl

This Build Log Section is for Wood Ships. Enter your Build Log here. It is advisable for others to follow your Build Log to start your post such as "Build Log: HMS Ship name"

Moderator: zoly99sask

Alysindria
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

Re: The black pearl 1:41 Zhl

Postby Alysindria » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:51 am

No one at all cares to help or no one measures such things as crates, barrels and rest of accessories...?
zoly99sask
Petty Officer First Class

Postby zoly99sask » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:12 am

Hello Alysindria,I have got a question,does your friend have a set of plan for the ship,how is he building it?Most cases we use the plan to measure the dimensiens for anything goes on the ship.
Alysindria
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

Postby Alysindria » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi Zoltan :)

That's the thing... he is still expecting his model to come, plans and all, but I need to finish this before it arrives. It's also his first build ever, on his own, so he isn't quite sure about sizes. It left me to seek things online.

I found various plans of this ship online on a Japanese site and then on one Chinese page, I think. But where there's a lot of measurements for other things, planks, masts and similar, I can't find any for things like crates, barrels and other accessories, so to call them. And those are what I need so to be able to compare my own pieces.

So any help is highly appreciated :)
zoly99sask

Postby zoly99sask » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:43 pm

I think is best if he waits for the kit and plans to arrive and than you have all the measurements.
Alysindria
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

Postby Alysindria » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:02 am

It would definitely be so. But due various problems I really can't explain right now (it has to do with my own timing and when I can make this for him), we need to do it now, sadly. Doesn't anyone know measures of simple crates or barrels included in 1:41 model? I need them just a guidelines...

Or even better, does a size of 2cm width seems to big for a liqueur cabinet? I divided a size of real one to 41 and this is what I got (actually, 2.2 cm, but I thought better to make it smaller, as mine is shorter than original too, etc.). I actually abhor work without firm measurements and am not a guessing, try it on luck, type. So it's really hard to work like this and if any help is appreciated.
eric61
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Postby eric61 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi Alysindria, if you send a PM to Frankberge, he should be able to give you the measurements you require. He hasn't posted since April and being summer in the northern hemisphere now I'd say he is making the most of it.
The following may be of some help.
Regards
Eric
Attachments
SCALES.pdf
(27.1 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Cook's Endeavour - current,
Sovereign of the Seas - current (deAgostini)
In queue: Marina II Fishing Boat by Artesania Latina
In queue: Mayflower by Model Shipways

"I was thinking then it all went blank!"
Alysindria
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

Postby Alysindria » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:24 am

Hi :) Thanks so much. I'll definitely PM him and see if he can help. Thanks for pdf!

Return to “SOS Build Logs from Kits - Wood”