Photobuckets New Policy

This forum discusses basic or advanced forum features with Tutorials, Video How-To's, and Updates from the Admin. This forum also has Aurthur's Master Index Sheet for easy Build log Navigation.
admin
Site Admin

Photobuckets New Policy

Post by admin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:58 pm

If you have a free account with Photobucket and if you are embedding those images withing SOS, they will be removed by photobucket. Ships of Scale or any other site, blog, forum, etc is considered a 3rd party site. So, for instance for myself as example, I have all of my Trinidad images "IMAGE" linked to photobucket.
What this means that you, I or anyone that has images being hosted on Photobucket, well, when you log into your build log, they will not be seen - gone - !!!

What adds the horror is that they want to charge $399 (yes, that is correct, $399) to keep your ability to embed your images on any 3rd party site. This amount is ridiculous.

So, it seems that (some of us) like me have our work cut out for us and have to re attach ALL of these images back to SOS using the attachment process which is going to be a long drawn out process.

Obviously someone at PB is gone completely crazy and greedy as they say how many users they have. They will literally rake in the billions and billions of dollars.

I totally disagree with you PB for gouging your customers like this. I can see charging maybe $19 or $29 per year, but my gosh $399 - are you all nuts???

Admin
Donnie Driskell
Ships of Scale ©2017
Madison, MS
USA
Owner / Operator / Administrator
admin@shipsofscale.com

Thank you again for your membership and interest.
You do make a difference in the community of Ship Builders !

zoly99sask
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Photobuckets New Policy

Post by zoly99sask » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:02 pm

A bunch of forums images gone because of them

modelshipwright
Petty Officer Second Class
Petty Officer Second Class

Re: Photobuckets New Policy

Post by modelshipwright » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:48 am

Perhaps another option for photo storage and linking might be Google Photos which is free for the time being and offers unlimited storage. I do not use it but my daughter does. Might be worth looking into as an alternative.

Regards,
Bill
If it is worth doing, it is worth doing right.

Current Build: Sovereign Of The Seas 1637 - Heavily Modified Mantua Kit

My Carving Book: Carving Ornamentation for Ship Models.
My website: http://www.carvingbook.weebly.com/

Return to “Tutorals, How-To Videos, Features, Build Log List Index”