How to post images using the Attachment Button

This forum discusses basic or advanced forum features, how-to's, and updates from the Admin. Note to new registrants: Web-Mail accounts like Gmail, Hotmail must obtain pre-approval. Contact register@shipsofscale.com to set up account. Ships of Scale always checks registrants email for legitimacy.
Donnie
Senoir Chief Petty Officer

How to post images using the Attachment Button

Postby Donnie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:22 pm

How to post images using the Attachment Button:

1) you MUST always provide some text in your post or the images will not attach. For some reason this is a security issue embedded in the program.
2) follow the steps below.
3) at some point, if I have the time, I will give you all the steps to my Work Flow as far as image processing and JPEG compression. In other words, I will show you how to take a camera snap shot that is about 14MEG in image size and widdle that down to like 70Kb.
That is like 200:1 image compression. I always use 800 pixels wide as I found that the most pleasing ratio.
Attachments
HowToUploadImages01.jpg
HowToUploadImages01.jpg (62.55 KiB) Viewed 252 times
HowToUploadImages02.jpg
HowToUploadImages02.jpg (61.23 KiB) Viewed 252 times
HowToUploadImages03.jpg
HowToUploadImages03.jpg (64.93 KiB) Viewed 252 times
HowToUploadImages04.jpg
HowToUploadImages04.jpg (91.03 KiB) Viewed 252 times
Current Build Prep: Panart San Felipe 1:75
Completed Build: Santisima Trinidad

Main SOS Site: Ships of Scale Website

No Guts, No Glory !
donfarr
Petty Officer Second Class

Re: How to post images using the Attachment Button

Postby donfarr » Mon May 01, 2017 10:43 am

Donnie, Should be receiving my Halifax from Dave in the next day or two, because as I said before I am a COMPUTER ILLITERATE and need help in creating my building log, and please have patience with me........ my 79th birthday was Saturday and received a gift from my WOINDERFULL DAUGHTER to re do my hobby room, it is a disaster right now, will take before and after pictures, the only condition is I have to get the items out, will take until Saturday to clean out then ready for my first building log. THANKS DON
Donnie

Postby Donnie » Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 pm

Don, I will be glad to help anyway I can. You mentioned your daughter. Is she good with Computers? Maybe she can be somewhat of a mediator to help too.
Did you read the info that I just posted about how to upload images?

Donnie
ps. Well, you must not be that bad because you are posting stuff on the forums. The only thing you need to do is learn to upload your images. But, you also need to know what type of picture file to upload. I am writing a tutorial on Ship Modeling Photography for Winston that I am almost finished with.

No Guts, No Glory !
donfarr

Postby donfarr » Mon May 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Thank you Donnie will try it out will do my best. Don
donfarr

Postby donfarr » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:12 am

Hi Donnie, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE 10 STEPS I think I can navigate them.......BUT HAVE 2 Questions RIGHT NOW....ONE; SCREEN 3 SAYS POST REPLY.... SCREEN 5 SAYS PREVIEW POSTS SUBMIT......SCREEN 10 SAYS THEN CLICK ON SUBMIT....... QUESTION IS DO I PUSH SUBMIT ON SCREEN 3 OR WAIT TO HIT SUBMIT ON SCREEN 10... DO I HIT SUBMIT TWICE OR AT THE END FOR ONE TIME TOTAL.........2nd Question I TAKE MY PICTURES AND SEND THEM OUT EMAIL FROM MY TABLET, THE SCREEN IS QUITE SMALL FOR MY EYE SITE SO WONDERING IF I CAN SEND PICTURES TO MY SELF AND THE PROCEDED TO DO THE LOG FROM MY LAP TOP. THANKS FOR ANY HELP SORRY TO BOTHER YOU BUT AM DETERMINED TO GET THIS DONE, LET ME HERE. THANKS DON
Donnie

Postby Donnie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Screen #3 showing you HOW:
Each time you want to add to your Build Log, you MUST start with screen #3 so that you can start the process of responding to your build log.

The "Submit", the "Preview" just depends on IF you want to see what your post will look like BEFORE you click submit.

Next, if you only have text that you wrote, then you can click "submit" and your post will be "submitted".

Remember, you must click on the BLUE BUTTON "Post Reply" only gets you to a page that allows you to write your log, once you have written what you want, then click submit.

IF you have pictures, then you must add your pictures last, then click submit.

Lets say that 2 hours later, you want to add more to your build log, then you must click AGAIN in the Blue Button "Post Reply" to write your log and click submit again.

I hope this helps you.

Donnie

ps. In case anyone is wondering what Don is referring to by screen #1, #2,....ect. is that I created a special link for him to assist Don in how to make a build log.
For anyone interested in this, they can also follow the link too -- it is here:
http://shipsofscale.com/sosnavigation/navigation.html

No Guts, No Glory !
donfarr

Postby donfarr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:22 am

THANKS AGAIN DONNIE, THE QUESTION THAT I HAVE ABOUT PICTURES IS, CAN I SEND THE PICTURES TO MYSELF ON MY LAP TOP AND THEN SEND THEM TO BUILDING LOG, IF NOT I WILL USE THE TABLET. THANKS AGAIN DON
Donnie

Postby Donnie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:13 pm

yes, you can email yourself pictures.

No Guts, No Glory !

Return to “General Board/Forum Features, Regulations, etc.”