Le Soleil Royal: kit bashed Mantua Sergal model

This forum is for those that would like to upload their completed ships for others to see.
Donnie
Senoir Chief Petty Officer

Re: Le Soleil Royal: kit bashed Mantua Sergal model

Postby Donnie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:27 am

I also find it interesting that you took the time to document the time you spent on it. I assume that you must have kept a paper log book. So, I am wondering what criteria were you using to determine "When" you were actually working on it?
I mean, lets say you are rigging something, and it took an hour for you to figure out how you were going to do something as opposed to it only taking 5 min to actually "Perform" the task?
Current Build Prep: Panart San Felipe 1:75
Completed Build: Santisima Trinidad

Main SOS Site: Ships of Scale Website

No Guts, No Glory !
GaryM

Re: Le Soleil Royal: kit bashed Mantua Sergal model

Postby GaryM » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Since the level of detail a person may add and the availability and amount of research a person may chose to perform will vary with each modeler, the times I show are related to the actual work performed on the vessel. Each person’s ability to read and interpret plans can vary a great detail. Thus, the time reflects only that used to measure the plans for comparison on the vessel or to determine the size of wood used to make a part that is unclear and not listed in the instructions or on the plans separately. Hopefully, by doing this, a person can use this as a guide to determine the level of commitment necessary to compete this type of project or can use it to gauge how far along they are if building the same vessel.
Happy modeling,
Gary Maple

Problems are just challenges waiting for your solution.

Current build: Sergal Sovereign of the Seas
In Que: Sergal: Cutty Sark and Amerigo Vespucci; Billings Titanic
Completed: Amati: HMS Prince (old 1:78 version); Billings: Norske Love and Vasa; Mantua: La Couronne; Sergal: Mississippi Riverboat and La Soleil Royal

Return to “Completed Builds”