This forum is for those that would like to upload their completed ships for others to see.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Petty Officer Third Class
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:32 pm
- Location: central Florida
This is a 1:200 scale card model. This was a small ship. It was caught in port in South America at the outbreak of WWII and after a failed attempt to run the British blockade it was scuttled. The kit is very inexpensive and I found it on ebay. It took me about 5 days to get it to the point you see here. I made my own davits out of heavy copper wire, the boats I shaped from little blocks of balsa and the masts are 1/8" dia wood dowels tapered to 3/32" at the top. I just need to add some rigging.
- final details 006.jpg (67.15 KiB) Viewed 48 times
- final details 007.jpg (65.95 KiB) Viewed 48 times