Color h.m.s victory

This is to discuss all aspects about Rigging both Standing and Running such as Shrouds, Ratlines, Stays, Deadeyes, Blocks of all types, etc. How do you do it? Got any shortcuts or tips to share?
Pat71
Seaman
Seaman

Color h.m.s victory

Post by Pat71 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:27 am

Ik dont know what color i have tot paint the boat. With blach or dark wood color. The real ship is Black in saw onze the pictures.

Brian077
Petty Officer First Class

Re: Color h.m.s victory

Post by Brian077 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:44 am

I take it from your post that you are asking about H.M.S Victory's colour scheme ?

Its been changed in recent times to a pinkish colour which was the original colour of the ship.

Here's a photo of me on deck of Victory next to a cannon carriage and you can see the pink colour.
Attachments
IMG_0312.jpg
IMG_0312.jpg (230.06 KiB) Viewed 305 times

Graham

Post by Graham » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:23 pm

Brian,
I visited her last year and although the colour may be authentic I can't say I'm a lover of it.

Pat,
I took this photo on the quayside which explains the debate about colour -
Victory colours.JPG
Victory colours.JPG (80.16 KiB) Viewed 290 times
I also put a lot of Victory photos in the 'Photos of real ships for reference' section on this forum which might help you in your build. Regards.

WilliamMorrison
Petty Officer Third Class
Petty Officer Third Class

Post by WilliamMorrison » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:46 am

Perhaps it's just me, but I have never been able to see "pink" in the "original" color scheme. It looks more of a light tan to me, at least in all the photos, almost like the old Testor's paint "Tan". It could be the lighting, but it simply does not look pink to me.

Bill

Return to “Rigging: Covers all Standing and Running”