Which Cutty Sark kit is 'best'?

I am thinking about Cutty Sark as my next project. Eyeing the Artisania Latina kit,
but there are others out there.. which one is the 'best'?
I am not terribly fixated on historical accuracy, but thinking more about nicest aesthetics (quality of wood and fittings),
and quality of the instructions (rigging!).

Also.. it doesn't have to be the Cutty Sark per se; another large-scale-ish clipper would be fine too;
open to suggestions!

Any input appreciated, thanks

Last edited:
but there are others out there.. which one is the 'best'?
I would try to find photos of finsihed models of the different manufacturer in the net
and compare directly some details like bow, stern, mast head, deck details etc.
with a direct comparing you will find out which one you like more

Also.. it doesn't have to be the Cutty Sark per se; another large-scale-ish clipper would be fine too;
open to suggestions!
not really a clipper, but a highly interesting "modern" (launched 1873) sailing ship is in my opinion the kit of the

BARQUE 'STEFANO'
112,1cm, 44.13'', 1:63
by the manufacturer MarisStella

3404.jpg
5521.jpg
7418.jpg

The model is realtively rare but I think made in a very good quality, also the scale is interesting - and a very attractive ship model

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI have the Billing’s version in my stash, for no other reason than had no Billing’s in the stash…I could take some photo’s of the contents if it will help….

we have a started building log of a Stefano up to finishing the hull, unfortunately Don was not able to finish her

but you get a good feeling for the kit content and quality

I would try to find photos of finsihed models of the different manufacturer in the net
and compare directly some details like bow, stern, mast head, deck details etc.
with a direct comparing you will find out which one you like more

not really a clipper, but a highly interesting "modern" (launched 1873) sailing ship is in my opinion the kit of the

BARQUE 'STEFANO'
112,1cm, 44.13'', 1:63
by the manufacturer MarisStella

View attachment 439779
View attachment 439780
View attachment 439781

The model is realtively rare but I think made in a very good quality, also the scale is interesting - and a very attractive ship model
Thank you Uwek!
This was not on my radar..looks really good, and indeed a nice scale (for me bigger is better) ;-)

Back