Video Build Sequence of 1/84 Victory

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

No workbench ? No clutter of tools ? what is going on here ? Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTRLuktqhZw

Donnie

reminds me of me in my shop with aircraft I use my webcam and a website called Join.me and live stream my computer screen while I am drawing and people come in and watch me draw for hours then when building stream my webcam and the watch me build for hours hehe.

right now I am still trying to figure out how they built them east Indiamans etc they lay the hull planking on top the keel first then add the stations and for the life of me don't get how it creates the shapes automatically for them

JosephH said:
reminds me of me in my shop with aircraft I use my webcam and a website called Join.me and live stream my computer screen while I am drawing and people come in and watch me draw for hours then when building stream my webcam and the watch me build for hours hehe.

right now I am still trying to figure out how they built them east Indiamans etc they lay the hull planking on top the keel first then add the stations and for the life of me don't get how it creates the shapes automatically for them

I'm missing something here. The shapes of what?

There are a few modellers doing that already on you tube or facebook.

When the dutch built their ships they lay the keel first and then the hull planking. the hull planking automatically shaped the hull. once they got so high like the floor or such not sure where yet still reading, then they started adding the stations.

so I am trying to figure out how they lay the first planking without stations and got the shapes

Winston said:
JosephH said:

I'm missing something here. The shapes of what?

We saw you, well your computer screen. Handy little training tool

Cheers
Geoff

I guess I am missing something here. It seems that I would have to wear some type of camera (webcam) on my forehead to capture all the moves that I make in my shop. Because I am moving around a lot. I think that people would get bored or confused watching me building something. I am sure that they would be thinking ' ...now what is he doing now and what for ?' LOL

yes I used it a lot when a customer wanted to see something or needed changes. it allows to view my screen plus I can give them control of my mouse if need to. it is also just fun to have up when I am drawing just so peeps can watch and sometimes chat as there is a button for chat

the thing is if i have to reboot or accidentally close the prog it gives me a new number so then I have to change the link to it.

so here is todays link. if it closes or whatever I will just edit this link https://join.me/796-954-801

no donnie no camera needed just goto join.me and click share it downloads like a super tiny prog you run (after you create a free account) then you just run it and it shares your screen live. kinda like a webcam in a workshop only this shares your screen live click on the link I Just posted you can see my screen as I do my cad work throughout the day

A while back, I can't remember if it was in a discussion forum or in emails but there was some discussion about the possibility of conducting some online model building classes using something like Skype or some other live conference software. I think that discussion was had back when Dave was in the process of doing his video tutorial for the Caustic. I think mini classes using that concept would be quite helpful. Especially for novice builders. Doesn't have to be anything long and detailed, but short how-tos, whether is bending wood to making masts and spars etc.

I been running my join.me for last couple days and people just pop in to watch me draw and ask questions so its kinda doing that on a more relaxed way. Right now I am assembling the Bomb Vessel Cross section from a suggestion and its really fun I never thought about trying to find bomb vessel plans or even drawing them up they cool ships

That was a really different set of plans. We were looking for something that wasn't common to come up with for a cross section build at the time. There's a lot of interest in cross section builds if you can find subject matter that is interesting and detailed. They are nice because you can build them in larger scales than you would a full ship. A lot of modelers find that kits are too small in scale these days and its hard to add detail to them.

yea its kinda cool the cross section i still need a full boat so i can build for RC but cross section cool I am looking at possibly doing a cross section for a flute. I found nice book on dutch ships and had 2 nice set plans in it one was for a Flute

Back