Replacement Parts from OcCre.

I reckon they thought I may be hatching a plot to either blow-up parliament (which might be a good idea!), or sink the RN's flagship, but then the RN seem to be doing a fair job of shooting themselves in the foot! ROTF

Hi Steef, having read your attachment, I'm struggling to work out how 12 x 1/64 scale gun carriage kits could be converted to WOMD!:p
The parts will be delivered by hand in the Summer - that is, IF Summer comes!ROTF
Stuart
It's sad, but that could be exactly what happened of the customs documentation said anything about "guns".

Probably the paperwork gets scanned, the system sees a mention of 'gun' somewhere and the package gets automatically rejected?
Maybe worthwhile to try and ask to send it with a neutral description? Ship model parts?

It's sad, but that could be exactly what happened of the customs documentation said anything about "guns".
You may well be correct there. Similar to what happened when I tried to send a ship kit by Parcel Force, I declared it as; 'Wooden Ship Kit' - as they won't handle 'wood', the system rejected it. I retried by dropping 'wooden' - success! That was UK - UK.

I have mentioned before, the problem I've had in receiving parts from OcCre, whereby they've twice sent me replacement wooden gun carriage kits for the Cazadour kit, only for it to be rejected by UK customs & returned. I have now resolved this by having them sent to relatives in France, then I'll get them on the next visit. Makes me wonder what would happen if ordering kits from EU - not that I would contemplate doing so. I had less trouble buying a switch from Ukraine after the 'war' started!
Hi Stuart

Living in the UK too but I have had a few replacement parts sent by Occre to myself and recieved them without any problems, so to hear this customs thing has happened 2x to yourself has kind of puzzled myself.
However on the Subject of kits, we in the UK cannot order kits directly from Occre as the UK does not appear on their online mailing list, this I assume is down to the farce of Brexit, so that is kind of why Occre has set up with a number of UK based companies to specifically sell their kits, Cornwall Model Boats and Hobbies Ltd being 2 of them of note.
The down side of this is that we miss out on Special discounted offers when a kit is released like the recent "Belle Poule " Kit with its name plate and stand. As these are only available to you when you by direct from Occre themselves and not any outward supplier in the UK.

Hi Stuart

Living in the UK too but I have had a few replacement parts sent by Occre to myself and recieved them without any problems, so to hear this customs thing has happened 2x to yourself has kind of puzzled myself.
However on the Subject of kits, we in the UK cannot order kits directly from Occre as the UK does not appear on their online mailing list, this I assume is down to the farce of Brexit, so that is kind of why Occre has set up with a number of UK based companies to specifically sell their kits, Cornwall Model Boats and Hobbies Ltd being 2 of them of note.
The down side of this is that we miss out on Special discounted offers when a kit is released like the recent "Belle Poule " Kit with its name plate and stand. As these are only available to you when you by direct from Occre themselves and not any outward supplier in the UK.
Hi Rob, believe me, I'm as puzzled as ever, seeing as I received a packet of pulley blocks from them a few weeks earlier. Prior to 'Brexs-it', I ordered an OcCre kit from a Spanish hobby shop, but afterwards, it was no longer possible. Now I've got my 'backdoor' via France, I should be OK. If I can't wait for visits, then I can get items sent on from France.

Incidently, my grief is with UK Customs / Border Control for their 'bloody mindedness', seeing as courier companies can bring in 'stuff'. I have NO problems what-so ever with OcCre. This is just to clarify in case some translations give the wrong impression. I know how translations can give wrong meanings from my latest experiences!

Stuart

Hi Rob, believe me, I'm as puzzled as ever, seeing as I received a packet of pulley blocks from them a few weeks earlier. Prior to 'Brexs-it', I ordered an OcCre kit from a Spanish hobby shop, but afterwards, it was no longer possible. Now I've got my 'backdoor' via France, I should be OK. If I can't wait for visits, then I can get items sent on from France.

Incidently, my grief is with UK Customs / Border Control for their 'bloody mindedness', seeing as courier companies can bring in 'stuff'. I have NO problems what-so ever with OcCre. This is just to clarify in case some translations give the wrong impression. I know how translations can give wrong meanings from my latest experiences!

Stuart
Hi Stuart

Yeah I Totally agree with everything you said, it's good that you have that escape route from our shambles of an establishment to get your goods. Usually the only country I've had customs problems with is the U.S. where I've nearly always had to pay charges and handling fees by the post office.

Regards to the replacement parts situation it has been about a year and half since I last ordered replacement parts for a kit which I received OK, so I am not sure if anything has changed in our shambolic system or you've just been very unlucky.

Best wishes

Robert

still..I wonder what triggers these rejections? Some custom guy opening the package, seeing tiny mini canons and refusing to let them threaten the UK?
It must be something in the paperwork.. words like wood maybe, or gun, canon, whatever causes the 'system' to refuse further processing.
So I think it is wise to ask the nice people at Occre or other companies to avoid any 'objectional' terms in the description of the goods.
Makes sense?

Anyway, happy to hear you found a work-aroundThumbsup

Back